Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bob Smith

Does BP affect complexion/skin tone?

Does BP affecy complexion/ skin tone long term? I know it is a bleach, so the skin gets lighter, but that does go away right. And, is there any other long term effects?

Thanks,

Bob

I've used bp for about 20 years now, and if it bleached skin I should look like Casper about now! Good news is that it doesn't, and I don't. BP use can give some people a pink-looking complexion or redness due to its drying nature. But upon discontinuing your skin tone should return to its usual state.

Dang Brandy, you seem to be invincible against everything! Haha, everytime I see someone post something about a problem they are having, you respond saying that it has never happened to you! So what are you? Brandy-acne.org forum mod by day.. supergirl by night?!

Dang Brandy, you seem to be invincible against everything! Haha, everytime I see someone post something about a problem they are having, you respond saying that it has never happened to you! So what are you? Brandy-acne.org forum mod by day.. supergirl by night?!

na, i was just wondering. its not really a problem i am having. my face does appear to get a little more fair with BP. it does not matter how long i continue - when i stop it is the same amount paler if i used it for three days or three weeks. then it slowly returns back to normal. the paleing isnt even noticeable, and it gives me a cleaner look, so i am not complaining, just curious.

-bob

:lol: I just have really tough skin I suppose. The only thing that is my cryptonite is p.acnes I suppose. ;)

I've put my skin through alot of treatments the past 20 years, and believe me it isn't perfect after all this time. But bp has not bleached my skin. And check out Dan's pics. He's used bp a long time too and his skin isn't bleached. If it were you would be able to notice the line since he only treats his chin area. He would be walking around with a white chin! lol

wait! See here:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=1233286

I DID have a problem someone asked about! ;)

it can make my face really red, and slightly tannish looking, but this is kept to a minimum as long as i liberally use moisturizer.