Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
naivesilly

But... but... it still sucks!?

My skin's clear now, no scars or redness. I occasionally have off days, but on the whole I'd guess I look dermatologically (and I hate this word) normal. A few months ago, I thought I'd be dancing on the ceiling if I got to this stage. I thought my life would just improve instantaneously. But I've just found myself bored, unenthusiastic about pretty much everything, unsatisfied with my life and vainer than ever. I've become one of those people who is miserable for no apparent reason. I just don't get it. I can't even work out why I'm still so... I don't know, not sad as such, just empty. I went through a really rough patch last Christmas with the breakup of a really significant relationship... but that was ages ago. Surely I should be getting over it by now.

I'm going to University in September, pretty far from home (Yorkshire, UK) and I'm a little apprehensive. I'm studying equine dentistry, which I know I'll love, but I just don't feel that excited. I don't really feel anything. It's like my soul's kind of... disappeared?

Just musing. Anyway, cheers for listening xx

This is all my personal opinion and is not directed toward you

Everyone has a problems and a "bane" of their existence, something they obsess over and are convinced is the source of their misery. EVERYONE has got something like this, it's not just people with acne. But we go on believing that if this one problem went away, everything would be smooth sailing. It's not true, the happiness you feel will be superficial and will only last for a certain amount of time before a feeling of emptiness sets in or, worse yet, you start finding something else to worry about to fill that gap. That's why I say it's very important to work on the total package during the time you have acne, and not get into this mode of thinking that nothing can be better until your face clears up.

Your mind is not something you can control like you can control your arms and body. If you've been into thinking negatively for x amount of years that will be the inclination of your mind whether you want it that way or not.

I know what you mean, and I concur. But I did get trapped in that "I can't be happy until I'm beautiful" state of mind. I do feel different, I feel more like getting up in the morning, and how I feel now is undeniably better than how I have been feeling for the past six months. I just hope I feel even closer to normal by September. I'd love to make a new start at Uni.

I know what you mean, and I concur. But I did get trapped in that "I can't be happy until I'm beautiful" state of mind. I do feel different, I feel more like getting up in the morning, and how I feel now is undeniably better than how I have been feeling for the past six months. I just hope I feel even closer to normal by September. I'd love to make a new start at Uni.

Yeah capitalize on that feeling don't just float on it, you're in the right state of mind.

I think ill probably be the same when it one day clears but i think for you its probably drained you (the fight to get clear skin) and even tho now you won your just left empty without a fight but its just a time thing and you will feel better as things move forward.

Just give yourself ttime to adjust.

Im pleased for you coming out the oher side.

My skin's clear now, no scars or redness. I occasionally have off days, but on the whole I'd guess I look dermatologically (and I hate this word) normal. A few months ago, I thought I'd be dancing on the ceiling if I got to this stage. I thought my life would just improve instantaneously. But I've just found myself bored, unenthusiastic about pretty much everything, unsatisfied with my life and vainer than ever. I've become one of those people who is miserable for no apparent reason. I just don't get it. I can't even work out why I'm still so... I don't know, not sad as such, just empty. I went through a really rough patch last Christmas with the breakup of a really significant relationship... but that was ages ago. Surely I should be getting over it by now.

I'm going to University in September, pretty far from home (Yorkshire, UK) and I'm a little apprehensive. I'm studying equine dentistry, which I know I'll love, but I just don't feel that excited. I don't really feel anything. It's like my soul's kind of... disappeared?

Just musing. Anyway, cheers for listening xx

This is exactly what happened to me.. I'm essentially clear of acne now and have been so for years, it took the org to convince me that my acne wasn't a problem anymore though, which has only been a fairly recent realisation.

I guess what you describe is what they call depression.. If I stop my mind from focusing on self-loathing for a short while, I can pick a few reasons to be happy and confident, but unfortunately those thoughts cause a feeling of arrogance, which is one of my pet-hates. So I guess if I were a normal person, I'd be happy, but life just doesn't have the flavour it should.

No idea how you fix it.. ._.

in my experience, many of my friends hwo have gone to uni have become a lot happier than before, they get he chance to be who they are, start a fresh. I think this is a greta opportunity for you, please make the most of it :)

Happiness, comes in time, we are so used to being unhappy its not unusual that the mind needs time to adjust.

How are the other areas of your life?

The other areas of my life are fine. I've got a wonderful family, some pretty good friends, I'm financially well-off and I'm in good health (touch wood) physically anyway! I don't know what's missing, but something certainly is.

Sounds to me like your sexually frustrated. You need some good hard loving. Get out there and make yourself happy.

lol, yeah that will cheer you up. Yup, im sure i know and you know what your missing. :liar:

The other areas of my life are fine. I've got a wonderful family, some pretty good friends, I'm financially well-off and I'm in good health (touch wood) physically anyway! I don't know what's missing, but something certainly is.

nothings missing, naivesilly :angel: .. one person sees the beautiful view, the other sees the dirty window. its up to you what you choose to see