Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darkangel

My 25% TCA peel arrived!

I am going to try it tonight, and it is my very first TCA peel!

It came with proper directions, but can I get some advice/recommendations from all of you that have experience? for instance What to expect, how long will it take before I can show my face in public, how much will i peel?

let me know.

greatly appreciated

DA :D

I am going to try it tonight, and it is my very first TCA peel!

It came with proper directions, but can I get some advice/recommendations from all of you that have experience? for instance What to expect, how long will it take before I can show my face in public, how much will i peel?

let me know.

greatly appreciated

DA :D

dont start out with a 25% dilute it believe me i did a 21 percent and my face swole up like a huge scab it was all darkish brown im very surprised i didnt scar from it but it took a month to get it back to normal if i was you id dilute it to a 12%

Hi, I have also purchased 25% tca for an all over peel. I have not done it yet, because I am also doing the 100% tca cross on icepick and boxcar scars (which I just did Monday night).

However, I think everyone's skin reacts differently and have different degrees of reaction from tca peels. For example, I had an 18% tca peel done by a dermatologist several months back and I barely got any flaking (my skin barely reacted to the 18% tca). So I feel that the 25% will work fine for my skin.

Maybe if you have not done any tca peel before, you could do a test area to determine how your skin will react to the 25% tca.

amf423

i put on the peel last night. I had to do 3 layers in order to get some frosting. I did not dilute it , i just decided to test a small area of my skin. Then it started to really burn after 5 minutes so i rinsed with cold water and applied vaseline to it. It was red for only a few minutes before returning to normal.

it is now the second day and my skin looks normal. is this normal?

I guess perhaps tomorrow i will start to see changes? This is a little weird.

let me know

I haven't done my 25%tca peel yet, but the day after I did my 100%tca cross to specific scars, my skin looked normal then about 2-3 days after scabs developed. With a 25% peel , I don't think you should develop scabs, maybe just browning and hardening of the top layer that will evenutally peel off like when you get sunburn.(This is what I am told should happen). But give it a couple of days and see how it develops. But still put the vaseline or aquaphor on your skin, even though it looks normal right now.

amf423

Sorry to dissappoint but I haven't heard of anyone having success with TCA peels for scarring. It's probably fine for discolorations/blotchiness. There's also a chance it will enlarge your pores. I am still amazed that people on this board keep doing these peels.

It's my second day and still no difference at all.

.......hmmmmmm....

i thought my skin was supposed to turn brown and leathery by now. and so many warned me about 25% being way too high. well i put on three layers of it and nothing yet. perhaps i did it incorrectly...oh well, we'll see.

It's my second day and still no difference at all.

.......hmmmmmm....

i thought my skin was supposed to turn brown and leathery by now. and so many warned me about 25% being way too high. well i put on three layers of it and nothing yet. perhaps i did it incorrectly...oh well, we'll see.

give it time, and because you applied moisturizer right away it will take longer to peel. I always wait till the next day to put lotion. about day 3-4 is when you will notice your skin turning brown and looking shiney/leathery.

hi guys... im getting a 12.5% peel soon but i'm not sure how many layer to put for a 1st timer like me. If i do a test patch.. wheres the best place to do it. and how do i judge by the result accordingly for a full-face peel? I am asian but my skin is relatively light colored

third day now...still looks normal. But i notice that when I wash my face, the skin with the TCA on it has a slightly different texture. this could be good. wow, if i knew like this, i would have applied the peel days earlier!!! I have to go to work for the next 4 days and i was hoping to peel over my 4 day weekend! arghhh

kamstan,

I understand your reasoning. it makes good sense, but why did the instructions tell me to immediately apply moisturizer? I also checked other sites too, and they always stress that your skin must be constantly moisturized right after the tca application.

vancouver,

the directions on my peel told me to apply one layer first and if you do not see any frosting, try a second layer. if still no frosting, add one more layer. 3 should be max for a first peel. also, make sure you apply the layers within the 5 minutes that the solution should stay on your skin.

DA

I also checked other sites too, and they always stress that your skin must be constantly moisturized right after the tca application.

NEVER moisturize! It will delay the peeling forever. What you can do is hot watercompresses. That actually accelerates the peel.

fourth day, one spot is becoming a little brown and leathery. Still no sign of peeling!

I think its time i listem to you and stop moisturizing.

fourth day, one spot is becoming a little brown and leathery. Still no sign of peeling!

No, now your supposed to moisturize. If you dont your skin could get wrinkly. I dont know why they tell you to moisturize right after, I would think that you would only need to do that after a serious peel, like one that go's really deep. All I know is from experience, and you dont want to start moisturizing till late day 2. I would wait 24hrs before moisturizing. But after that 24hr time frame it's important to moisturize becaue the skin can get wrinkly and tight and that may cause scaring if you dont moisturize. If you want to speed up your process at this point, do what the above poster said and do warm compressions with a warm wet towel over your face for like 5min at a time, then moisturize immediatly after that. And take long warm showers to let the steam soak into your skin, but dont let the water so much get your face. if you did a 25% peel this is going to take time to happen, it takes me 7-8 days to peel from a 20% peel. What are you using to moisturize with now?

No, now your supposed to moisturize. If you dont your skin could get wrinkly. I dont know why they tell you to moisturize right after, I would think that you would only need to do that after a serious peel, like one that go's really deep. All I know is from experience, and you dont want to start moisturizing till late day 2. I would wait 24hrs before moisturizing. But after that 24hr time frame it's important to moisturize becaue the skin can get wrinkly and tight and that may cause scaring if you dont moisturize. If you want to speed up your process at this point, do what the above poster said and do warm compressions with a warm wet towel over your face for like 5min at a time, then moisturize immediatly after that. And take long warm showers to let the steam soak into your skin, but dont let the water so much get your face. if you did a 25% peel this is going to take time to happen, it takes me 7-8 days to peel from a 20% peel. What are you using to moisturize with now?

I use these two products every time I do a peel, I can't be without them. I really think they help speed up the peeling process, because I have tried other products, and nothing works as well as these two. The other product is alpha hydrox (that's the brand name)their face wash.

thanks for all the info kamstan. I am using vaseline now. Is that ok to use? So then I am supposed to continue moisturizing? ok then.

thanks for all the info kamstan. I am using vaseline now. Is that ok to use? So then I am supposed to continue moisturizing? ok then.

I dont use vasiline cause it makes me break out really bad. But if you find that it doesnt do that to you and you feel it's moisturizing enough then go ahead and use it.

my tca kit arrived today from makeupartist. their instruction didnt say i needed rubbing alchohol... should i still apply it before the peel?

If you use rubbing alcohol prior to the peel it should help you get a more even peel because it gets rid of all the oils on the skin. Every time I had a tca peel professionally done they preped me with alcohol. it also allows the peel to work better because the oil isnt there for it to peneterate through.

day 5 and my skin feels a bit tight. It looks like theres a plastic film on the patches of skin where I applied the TCA. I should start to peel any time now.... any time...

tonight I will also try the hot compresses to speed up the process.

wow, this really isn't what i expected from a tca peel. i thought 25% would peel crazy fast and my face would be red for days after the application. but nope, just normal looking skin. nobody even noticed. Though my fingertips on the hand that I used to apply the peel started peeling 2days ago.

I am still moisturizing with vita E lotion or vaseline.

day 5 and my skin feels a bit tight. It looks like theres a plastic film on the patches of skin where I applied the TCA. I should start to peel any time now.... any time...

tonight I will also try the hot compresses to speed up the process.

wow, this really isn't what i expected from a tca peel. i thought 25% would peel crazy fast and my face would be red for days after the application. but nope, just normal looking skin. nobody even noticed. Though my fingertips on the hand that I used to apply the peel started peeling 2days ago.

I am still moisturizing with vita E lotion or vaseline.

yea my skin never even turns pink under the dead skin. I think people are going by pics posted on the net of people who had really high % done not 25% and under.

May I suggest APeel and TCA Latte from perfect complections. No brainer, safe, and results!

(An observation) as I have used them, with success, just having trouble with the TCA Cross TX.

Depends on the results you wish for, what the prob. is and what you are looking to acheive.

I wish you luck and success,

Wish me back with the probs of the Cross TX.......... :pray:

I haven't done my 25%tca peel yet, but the day after I did my 100%tca cross to specific scars, my skin looked normal then about 2-3 days after scabs developed. With a 25% peel , I don't think you should develop scabs, maybe just browning and hardening of the top layer that will evenutally peel off like when you get sunburn.(This is what I am told should happen). But give it a couple of days and see how it develops. But still put the vaseline or aquaphor on your skin, even though it looks normal right now.

amf423

I am going to see how well the tca cross method works for me (about 6-7 treatments) before I start buying a bunch of other equally expensive products. Thank you for the suggestion on other products though.

I was worried about messing up while applying the tca as well. The first time I did it I was kind of shaky from nervousness. I just dip the very tip of the wooden toothpick into the tca (I use 100%) for about 1 minute (I just count to 60, while watching to make sure that the tip is the only part in the tca). Then I put the tip directly into the icepick/rolling/box sca. I press kind of firmly but not so much that it will puncture my skin. and I twist the toothpick around a little. I then soak tip for second scar, etc. If I notice that frosting did not occur on a treated scar I will reapply.

As far as my results, I just did a series of scars on Sunday, july 23rd. Right now I have the scabs on the treated areas. Since the scabbing I have been only using Le roche posay spf 40(?) on my face. once the scabs are gone I will continue spf and regular face lotion. Some scabs/flaky spots just recently fell off of previously treated areas, Those spots do look slightly better, however I will need to do a couple of more treatments before I see a drastic improvement.

If you had frosting followed by scabs, I would wait to do another application for 30 days. To allow your skin time to properly heal. I reapplied to some after one week, because I didn't get any scabbing or even redness.(This was from my first trial run).

Good luck on your cross.

amf423

May I suggest APeel and TCA Latte from perfect complections. No brainer, safe, and results!

(An observation) as I have used them, with success, just having trouble with the TCA Cross TX.

Depends on the results you wish for, what the prob. is and what you are looking to acheive.

I wish you luck and success,

Wish me back with the probs of the Cross TX.......... :pray:

amf423

amf423

sixth day now. still the same as yesterday , no progress at all. This is one heck of a slow peel. I even tried the hot compresses last night, but no peeling at all today.

Check the link below. How come my skin didn't react so quickly. Her skin drastically changed on the second day! and she only put two layers of the 25%! arghh. . . . . . .

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...c=44742&hl=

just did my 12.5% peel last night. i applied 2 layers.. the first one stung ok, but the second one really stung. i was gonna do a 3rd layer but i saw some frosting in 2 little spots of my face, one in chin and one on forehead.

I don't think i felt much intense stinging in chin and cheek area as much as the T zone area. I'm wondering if this is normal?

sixth day now. still the same as yesterday , no progress at all. This is one heck of a slow peel. I even tried the hot compresses last night, but no peeling at all today.

Check the link below. How come my skin didn't react so quickly. Her skin drastically changed on the second day! and she only put two layers of the 25%! arghh. . . . . . .

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...c=44742&hl=

What I have been hearing is sometimes the concentrations are not what they say they are on the bottle.

I have heard people purchasing 12.5 from PlatinumSkincare are getting good results.

You solution maybe is very diluted.

Be careul!