Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
depressed matt

Absorbtion problems?

I've been on the regimen for almost 2 weeks with pretty good results. The dryness and redness seem to be subsiding, however I now notice that after applying my moisturizer and letting it dry, a white residew seems to flake off with the smallest amount of contact to my face. (I try not to touch my face all day). I have been using Neotrogena on the Spot Treatment 2.5% bp, so I just ordered the csr gel in case that was the problem. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so how to combat it. Any help would be appreciated.

Just if it would help, here are the products I am using:

A.M

Purpose liquid cleanser

Neutrogena on the Spot 2.5% bp

Neutrogena oil free moisturizer

P.M

Purpose liquid cleanser

Neutrogena on the Spot 2.5% bp

Neutrogena healthy skin moisturizer (evenings only for first 2 weeks, then will try to substitute in morning as well)

untill csr gel arrives:

1. try waiting as long as possible between bp and moisturizer

2. when applying bp, be sure you massage it into your face as gently as possible untill you can feel it is completely absorbed

3. when applying moisturizer, try not rubbing in at all, almost, just spread it on your palms first, and then gently pat you face with your palms for a very short time, the skin will absorb it by itself

that was my trick for eliminating clumps untill i got my csr gel, which is also clumping uo a bit, though a lot less than neutrogena, + the clumps are not white, so they are not actually visible

I had the same problem with On the Spot - it was REALLY bad. I switched to CSR gel and if I wait over 15 min before moisturizing I get NO problems, if I put in on under 15 min I still get a minor bit of that white stuff rubbing off.

Jasmina's advice is exactly what I've been doing. I can't order the CSR gel (no credit card) but I've found that waiting a long time between BP and moisturizing (even if your skin kinda burns and is reallyyyy rigid-like) and being gentle with moisturizer is the key. I still get flakes though. :(