Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

Emu Oil??

I was just wondering who here uses Emu Oil, and do you use it on your whole face as a moisturizer? I am afraid to put it on my face.. I feel like it will break me out... has anyone ever broken out from it?

It will not break you out. Just use a drop and apply it to damp skin and you'll be fine.

Do you have to apply to damp skin? I have to wait a few minutes after I wash my face to apply moisturizer because my skin is soooo sensitive i cant irritate it too much.

you can use on dry or damp skin. damp skin is slightly better because it will absorb better but it's not imperative. I have very sensitive skin also and need to wait for my skin to dry.

you can use on dry or damp skin. damp skin is slightly better because it will absorb better but it's not imperative. I have very sensitive skin also and need to wait for my skin to dry.

Thanks for your replies Ariventa... how long have you been using Emu oil? Do you have to use alot?

I've been using emu oil for about a year now and it is awesome stuff.

Try to find it in a pump bottle it's less messy this way and it helps in measuring the amount you need (1 pump should cover your whole face). I use this in addition to my mineral makeup and my skin has never looked better.

Make sure you buy Australian Emu Oil, you might pay a little more but it is well worth it. It is hormone and antibiotic free and in researching I have found that it is a much better breed over there.

Thanks for your replies Ariventa... how long have you been using Emu oil? Do you have to use alot?

Yeah, like a year or so, on and off. sometimes when I run out I forget to reorder.

I have naturally dry skin so I moisturize like crazy. I probably use like 10 drops and spread it around. Let it sink in for like 10-15 minutes and dab any excess with a kleenex. I also use a regular OTC moisturizer on top of it. Works great. Just experiment and find the right amount for you.

Truly, it is weird at first and I was scared as hell to try it thinking it would break me out. But it doesn't. It actually has anti-inflammatory properties so it can help with active acne and will help your skin barrier heal. Great stuff.

Emu oil is supposed to be non-comedogenic so it shouldn't break you out. When I was using it, I was using a couple of drops in aloe vera gel. The gel helps it to spread further. I was using it while on Accutane so my face is alot drier than normal. My skin felt and looked great (and I believe it was at least in part due to the aloe/emu oil). One drop should be plenty for non-Accutane skin. If you find it too oily you can try jojoba oil instead.

Emu oil is supposed to be non-comedogenic so it shouldn't break you out. When I was using it, I was using a couple of drops in aloe vera gel. The gel helps it to spread further. I was using it while on Accutane so my face is alot drier than normal. My skin felt and looked great (and I believe it was at least in part due to the aloe/emu oil). One drop should be plenty for non-Accutane skin. If you find it too oily you can try jojoba oil instead.

Do you think I could mix Emu oil with Neutrogena Moisture and have okay results? Or do you think that will limit the emu's moisturizing effects?

Sorry - I'm afraid I don't know anything about Neutragena Moisture. Personally, I wanted to move away from commercial moisturising products because I think they are overpriced and generally all a much of a muchness.

It will not break you out. Just use a drop and apply it to damp skin and you'll be fine.

Do you have to apply to damp skin? I have to wait a few minutes after I wash my face to apply moisturizer because my skin is soooo sensitive i cant irritate it too much.

You don't have to apply it to damp skin, but it's better if you do. And it won't irritate your skin so you don't have to wait to apply it. Use the emu oil in place of moisturizer at night. I think you'll really like it.

Do you think I could mix Emu oil with Neutrogena Moisture and have okay results? Or do you think that will limit the emu's moisturizing effects?

you can mix it if you want. Find whatever is best for you. Personally, I like to use it by itself just so it can absorb by itself and do its thing.

Love, love, love emu oil. It has worked wonders on my skin, not to mention scarring. I would recommend it to everyone! Here's a link to a place that sells both australian emu oil and the mineral foundation for a great price.

http://www.sheermiracle.com/mineral-makeup...t=15&page=1

hey thanks for the replies. I tried mixing The Emu oil with my Neutrogena lotion and it went on very nicely... but unfortunately it clogged my pores... I was so dissapointed because I want to use this stuff so badly cause it really is an amazing moisturizer. maybe it was coincidence that I got a few zits the next morning?? I dont know, I might try it again. I have been putting it under my eyes though and even under my eyes I have been getting little red clogged pores... very odd.

Sorry for being a bit behind here, but what is Emu oil? Is it made from a plant tha gives it the name?

I don't see how an oil, would be good for your skin, isn't the idea to wash away excess oil in the first place?

*Leon* ^^

Sorry for being a bit behind here, but what is Emu oil? Is it made from a plant tha gives it the name?

I don't see how an oil, would be good for your skin, isn't the idea to wash away excess oil in the first place?

*Leon* ^^

Emu oil comes from an Emu (road runner bird hahaha). Emu oil is supposed to me non-comedogenic so it's a good way to moisturize naturally. But I guess it doesnt work for me :(

Love, love, love emu oil. It has worked wonders on my skin, not to mention scarring. I would recommend it to everyone! Here's a link to a place that sells both australian emu oil and the mineral foundation for a great price.

http://www.sheermiracle.com/mineral-makeup...t=15&page=1

hey thanks for the replies. I tried mixing The Emu oil with my Neutrogena lotion and it went on very nicely... but unfortunately it clogged my pores... I was so dissapointed because I want to use this stuff so badly cause it really is an amazing moisturizer. maybe it was coincidence that I got a few zits the next morning?? I dont know, I might try it again. I have been putting it under my eyes though and even under my eyes I have been getting little red clogged pores... very odd.

You dont know if the Emu oil breaks you out, since you didn´t test it properbly. Im sorry, but i can´t understand why you dont try Emu oil solely, without mixing it with other stuff.

As a note i can say that i have great succes with jojoba oil, for my dry/oily/sensitive-skin... haven´t tried Emu oil yet..