Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The thing is, my face breaks out badly while I'm in the sun. Recently I was almost completely clear then I went out with my bike (the sun was quite strong) and broke out the next day. This has happened to me on a number of ocassions now.

Then I use sunscreen (Eucerin SPF15) and my face doesn't break out at all (even if I'm out all day).

The sunscreen itself doesn't break me out either.

The nasty part is, that it makes my face HORRIBLY greasy and shiny.

So do you know of any sunscreens (combined with moisturizers or not - i don't care) that don't make your face shine?

You might try Neutrogena Dry Touch. Several people have said it is good and doesn't leave a shine.

otherwise, I just blot off the shine when it is noticeable.

I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer 45. There's still a slight shine but it definitely isn't as bad as other sunscreens.

I like the Neutrogena Dry Touch (at least based on the reviews I found everywhere), do you know of anything simmiliar, perhaps something available in Europe? :) (tired of ordering products over the net and paying enormous shipping)

Another thing, this may be a weird question but I never knew if you get a tan if you use sunscreen? Does it just take longer or something? (especially with factors such as 45 - Neutrogena for example .... or is SPF not related to tanning?)

try avene

it absorbes immediately, leaves no shiny trails ind it contains that magic word non-comedogenic

Another thing, this may be a weird question but I never knew if you get a tan if you use sunscreen? Does it just take longer or something? (especially with factors such as 45 - Neutrogena for example .... or is SPF not related to tanning?)

You can still get some color using sunblock, however, the lower the spf, the faster the tan will be achieved. So 45spf.., you will probably not get a tan, which is a very good thing. Tanning is skin damage.

I think that any sunscreen will leave a bit of shine... I hate putting sunscreen on my face (especially if I'm wearing makeup, and it's all slimy... ugh) but the BEST sunscreen I've EVER used is Neutrogena Ultra Sheer (45 and 55). It's brilliant. It's the only sunscreen I apply religiously, mainly because I like putting it on so much. It's like putting on moisturizer except it absorbs super quick. It will make your face a tad shiny, but only add it to your sunburn-prone areas, like me for me it's up on my cheeks close under my eyes and the tip of my nose. Good luck.

Try City Block Sheer Oil-Free Daily Face Protector SPF 15 http://www.clinique.com/templates/products...DUCT_ID=PROD758

As per ad copy:

Invisible protection for all skin tones and types from everyday encounters with the sun's UVA (aging) and UVB (burning) rays. Comfortable, ultra-sheer formula uses physical sunscreens, so even sensitive skins can wear it daily. Helps makeup wear longer.

From my prior experience with the product, it goes on completely matte. It is also a completely physical sunscreen so it's chemical free.

Clinique has a complete range of City Block sunscreens for the face. Check out the link for further details http://www.clinique.com/templates/products...ID=CATEGORY4923

Wow never thought there were so many non-oily sunscreens :).

Ordered Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer (liked the reviews the most) 5min ago, maybe if it doesn't suit me I'll get the Clinique one or Aveene.

Thx for all the advice.

Love ya