Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CLouds

How do these guys do it?(myspace ppl with bad acne)

I know its rare to find pics of people on myspace with acne especially with all this photoshopping and crap u could do with ur pictures. But in high school i knew these 2 guys with terrible terrible acne but surprisingly they were actually some of the 2 most popular guys in skool, had tons of friends and girls. So occasionaly I look at their at their profile actually for inspiration(sounds corny i know) and always see new pics of them with their friends and i can see all the acne, scars, and marks on their face but yet they always seem to be happy and nobody ever comments negatively about them. And i'm just like wow I don't know how they do this if I had huge pics closed up on my face with the whole world to see with all this acne and marks I couldn't stand it and I would delete them all and feel so embarassed...

But somehow I think they they do kinda notice it because they dont post many pics of themselves with their face close up, all these close ups pics are mostly picture comments left by their friends.

But then today I saw this other guys profile a friend of my friend on myspace. And he also had terrible acne and had posted like 10 pics of himself where u can clearly see all the acne on his face...

And this again I was just wow how can he do that i just dont understand...

Anyways just wondering if anybody else notices stuff like this and is also impressed by it...

I knew a kid in high school with pretty bad acne who was popular. He was a major dick though. Always being loud in class and making dumb/funny comments. I think he did a lot of drugs too. But his acne didn't prevent him from being very outgoing and social. I guess he was able to maintain that "who cares?" "fuck it all" attitude. It's all in our minds.

I think if they were female, they wouldn't post their pictures with their acne (for all to see). I think people are more accepting when a guy has acne, than they would a girl. But I'm just speaking in general and from what I've seen/experienced. I just feel like girls are expected to look and act a certain way and boys can get away with more..for example being chubby.

Im just curious these 2 guys are they jocks? Or are there parents really wealthy?

Could be a reason why popular

People who find this surprising or admire this stuff are those that can't accept or fathom the fact that acne doesn't need to hold you back. I had ridiculous acne starting in 5th grade and it definitely didn't hold me back. I knew lots of people at my school. Especially high school with over 2000 students, I was known by the majority of my senior class. I knew other people that had worse acne than me and they were even more popular. Some played sports, others were involved in SGA. Some others are just more outgoing and really didn't care what anyone said. Acne is not the end of the world as I have seen some really disfigured people become really popular with the opposite sex and with friends in general. Like in the Shawshank Redemption, "Get busy living or get busy dying".

:ninja:

I think if they were female, they wouldn't post their pictures with their acne (for all to see). I think people are more accepting when a guy has acne, than they would a girl. But I'm just speaking in general and from what I've seen/experienced. I just feel like girls are expected to look and act a certain way and boys can get away with more..for example being chubby.

Exactly.

I knew a kid in high school with pretty bad acne who was popular. He was a major dick though. Always being loud in class and making dumb/funny comments. I think he did a lot of drugs too. But his acne didn't prevent him from being very outgoing and social. I guess he was able to maintain that "who cares?" "fuck it all" attitude. It's all in our minds.

It took a couple of years for acne to hit me and make me realize how much it fucked my life up. These kids that you talk about it probably hasnt hit them yet

You know that it ultimately comes down to you and that you can never blame society or other people for the way you feel about yourself. As my shrink said "Why do you make other people's reactions your problem?" And really, I don't know, I just know that I do and that I let it get me really upset. But why, why should I? In the end it's just words, beyond that, it's just a voicebox vibrating air and producing these ridiculous sounds that I attach meaning to and let hurt me...it's all me in other words. It's a negative inclination of the mind to accept and take in criticism and be wary of all positivity when, really, with a change in attitude there could be a really good life for even the most severely afflicted people out there to live.

Yes I agree!

yea, this kid around here has really bad acne and scars. all the pics of him show them without an attempt to cover them up. and he always has the hottest girlfriends, and he doesnt have much going for thim either.... just shows its not just about the outside.

I've had bad skin (sometimes worse than others) since high school. I'm now in my thirties, married, with two delicious little girls. I'm currently trying to deal with scar revision - at its worst I had pretty severe cystic acne. But looking over my past, I have to tell you that although I never had many SERIOUS relationships (too scared to get involved and too insecure because of my skin) - I think down to the last man, every guy that I was ever interested in was interested right back. I'm no supermodel, but I really think it's all about attitude and personality. I did great for as long as it was in the build-up stage (which is the most fun anyway) but as soon as it got too close, I'd freak. And honestly it was mostly because of my skin. Thank god my husband was so persistent!

some links please?

I would really feel weird posting the links to their myspace, I mean their profile being viewed by all these ppl on Acne.org, all of a sudden in a day their profile views goes up by a 1,000. I dunno it feels awkward..

then y come on here spouting about all these "terrible terrible" bad skin people if you cant even back it up? And seriously who the hell cares about there views going up. Post the links or gtfo.