Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
corrie

One Month Before Accutane

i finally decided to go on accutane. acutally, this will be my second time. i'm 26, the first time i took accutane was 4 months before my wedding, i was 22.

i grew up with perfect skin, maybe one zit a month, right around that time. and them for some reason when i turned 21 it all went down hill. i heard once that if you don't have acne when you are a teenager the chances of you having it as an adult are pretty high. if you do have it as an adult, and didn't as a teen, the acne will be much worse than if you would have just had it during puberity. crap!

i have been trying different products the last 9 months, with nothing helping. i actually love my derm! she always gives me free stuff and shoots my zits with some anti-inflamitory crap whenever i come for an apt. although i don't love having a needle poked into my face, the zits are gone by the next day!

my derm decided to sign me up for accutane this monday, 7/17, so now i have to wait 31 days until i can get my blood work and first set of pills.

she's starting me out on 80mg to begin. hope that's not too high! a little scary!

any advice before i start. i really don't remember much from the last time; just that my face was really tight and dry, and my lips almost fell off!

i finally decided to go on accutane. acutally, this will be my second time. i'm 26, the first time i took accutane was 4 months before my wedding, i was 22.

i grew up with perfect skin, maybe one zit a month, right around that time. and them for some reason when i turned 21 it all went down hill. i heard once that if you don't have acne when you are a teenager the chances of you having it as an adult are pretty high. if you do have it as an adult, and didn't as a teen, the acne will be much worse than if you would have just had it during puberity. crap!

i have been trying different products the last 9 months, with nothing helping. i actually love my derm! she always gives me free stuff and shoots my zits with some anti-inflamitory crap whenever i come for an apt. although i don't love having a needle poked into my face, the zits are gone by the next day!

my derm decided to sign me up for accutane this monday, 7/17, so now i have to wait 31 days until i can get my blood work and first set of pills.

she's starting me out on 80mg to begin. hope that's not too high! a little scary!

any advice before i start. i really don't remember much from the last time; just that my face was really tight and dry, and my lips almost fell off!

good luck riding the tane train again I've ridden in once before hope it's my last

but hmm what's your weight? mine was 60 mg and im like 160ish lbs

but yeah the advice is get something for your lips like aquaphor and moisturizer like eucerin to help with your skin oh and don't drink if you can and eat the tane with food so it absorbs better

thanks for the advice, i'm around 125, F.

i think last time i was on the same dosage? but it does seem a little high to me.

yeah that does seem kind of high, but since you've already taken it once maybe you body's use to it and it'll be all good. Isnt the 2nd time around suppose to be pretty smooth sailing?