Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Damaged

I will never be normal with acne

Last night my "boyfriend" showed up unexpectantly...WITH his brother :evil: It was late and I had already taken my makeup off. I wanted to die. I have acne and dark marks on my face that I attempt to hide usually under layers of makeup. Feeling exposed I hid behind the door and said I was unpresentable. He says just go upstairs and put on some clothes :angel: I felt angry and trapped and mad at myself for feeling this way. He wanted to talk about why I was acting weird, but I couldn't even look at him. All I could do was cover my face and sit on my bed. Finally he walked away and I went into the bathroom and threw on my "face" :cry:

I told him I didn't want to talk about what my problem was and immediately shut down. As I always do when I feel powerless over my acne. I am so tired of having to make relationship decision based on skin. This is not the first time my "issues" have gotten in the way of things. Whenever he sleeps over I have to sleep with makeup on. Big no no :naughty: . But if I say he can't sleep over I feel weird and he gets confused. When he shows up unexpectedly and exposes me I feel weird and he gets confused.

I feel like I am destined to be alone as long as acne is in my life :(

Yea it felt pretty weird for me too having to rely on medication at a young age... when nobody else my age had to rely on that kind of stuff.. Anyway you have a boyfriend who accepts you so be happy. I really doubt he would dump you over a few red marks.

is ur face really that bad?

have u considered talking to him about it? i think he'll understand , i mean its not like u enjoy acne

is ur face really that bad?

have u considered talking to him about it? i think he'll understand , i mean its not like u enjoy acne

I'm sure he wouldn't think it was that bad, but I do. I'm just being superficial I need to get over my anxieties but its soooo hard.

I understand too. I shy away from relationships cause I'm afraid for a guy to see my without my make up on.

I'll never forget one time a few years ago when I developed a huge cyst on my upper cheek that caused my eye to slightly swell shut.

I hadn't been out of my house for a few days because of it and the guy

I was just starting to see dropped by unexpectedly cause I was avoiding his calls cause of the cyst. He started freeking out that someone had hit me cause my cheek/eye area was so swollen from the

cyst. I just couldn't bring my self to tell him it was a zit, and made up

some excuse about walking into a door. He didn't believe me and stopped calling soon after. "sigh"

I understand people's general anxieties, but come on, guys that stay with girls long enough to be called boyfriends are in a relationship for more than one thing. Stop giving yourself unnecessary problems. If you know your boyfriend and trust him then he should be someone you can depend on and lessen your problems, not add to them. Talk to him, you tell your problems to this board and we certainly wouldn't criticize or hurt you if we saw you at night with your makeup off. Don't you think your boyfriend would do the same?

I feel you. I can't keep a relationship due to the unpredictedness of acne. I only go out when my skin is clear. So, if I happen to meet somebody, I will most likely end up ditching them later on when I break out again.

you took the words outta my mouth, man. ive got something going on with a girl and acne's just complicating it so much that it's barely worth it. sucks too cause she's so aweesome and i really like her more than my last few girlfriends. might be able to work thru this one though, cause the regimens keeping me 95% clear. acne also fucks up my normal friendships a bit cause ill make plans with someone to go out or whatever and then back out if my skin gets all bunged up. its getting better everyday though.

After having cystic acne and clearing, then being left with red marks and scarring, I was really afraid of people seeing me without makep. But just recemtly (last 2 months) I've started skipping days from make up and it's really not that bad.

I hear you though. You'll get there someday. ;)