Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dazzalabs

Shaving - Is there a "proper" way?

I've been on the CSR for 10 weeks now and have seen a reduction in red marks and the number of active spots. Sadly, recently I have developed (within the last two weeks) a horrid group of red marks (well, spots, because they hurt) on my neck, and a much larger set of active spots.

The good news is I think I know what is causing it. Shaving. The spots and group of red marks are all located where I have the most problems shaving. I have no spots on my nose, cheeks or forehead any more.

My job, sadly, requires that I go "against the grain" of the beard to get every last sbit haved off since I need to be clean shaven every day (very client-facing job). This causes about 30/40 cuts and nicks every time I shave, and I think this could be a cause for the recent outbreaks (that and the recent heatwave). I am very concerned that dry-shaving will simply cause more issues, but I'm struggling to cope with this latest batch.

Does anyone have any advice for ensuring that I get clean shaven every day (shave in the evening) and don't cut my face to ribbons (the spots and bumps on my face make it difficult to avoid this)? I am using the Sensor Excel.

Dont shave against the grain man your only asking for trouble instead do what i do.

1.Take a shower and let the warm water open your pores and then rub on your shaving gel or facial cleanser with circular movements.

2.Then let the hot water tap run for a minute or 2 until the water is very hot,so by now the gel/cleanser will have soften the beard and then shave with the grain rinsing the razor frequently with the hot water tap.

3.Now that you have finished shaving with the grain splash your face with warmish water and apply the shaving gel again and then shave across the grain which gives as close a shave as against the grain without the nicks and irritation

Guest nec77

i use to get shave bumps, but now that i changed shaving gel, i get much less.

i first wet my face a little bit. then i apply 'AVEENO shaving gel' on my face. i shave down all over my face- even on my neck and make sure to wash the blade pretty often. then i go back and go against the grain on my neck to get all the spots. after im done shaving i wash my face with cold water and pat dry.

Guest nec77

get the aveeno shaving gel its derm. recommended :shades: