Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wasting_days_away

foods that DO NOT trigger acne

list them pleassssssssssssssssse!

i honestly don't know what i should eat anymore.

You've gotta eat to survive. So how about some fruit and vegetables? Maybe some oatmeal, brown bread and a lot of fish.

fruits, veggies, rice (for myself), Chinese rice noodles (greeeat for stir fry) what else well....yeah wow...when you think of it that way it doesnt appear like theres a lot but there really is so many dishes you can make ....get a Asian cook book. Those have helped me a LOT.

Keep a food journal to record foods you eat and breakouts, figure out your triggers and avoid them like the plague.

Most fruits and vegetables generally don't give people problems though.

Everyone says milk is a big nono, but what if I drink skim milk? Is that any better?

Nope, it's worth. Skim milk is not healthy for anybody, why do you think nature put all that fat in milk in the first place? To properly assimilate all the nutrients in (raw, healthy) milk, thats why!

I eat a lot of hummus, carrots, chicken, fish ... you can read my regime cause I posted a lot of good stuff there.

Unfortunately I think pretty much everyone accepts there is no one diet / food list that will cure acne for everyone, so you will need to do some experimenting to if your acne can be controlled through diet and if so, what your personal triggers are.

For those who believe in the diet/acne link the usual culprits tend to be wheat, dairy and sugar. If you are avoiding sugar, you may also want to avoid foods that contain carbs that turn to sugar very quickly (that is high GI foods). The next piece of advice tends to be to keep food as natural as possible and stay away from processed foods.

Just list out based on my own experiences recently.

Food that trigger acne to me: spicy, heat food such as curry, fast food, fried food

Food that didnt trigger acne to me: milk, bread, vege, egg, fruit, oat

I eat a lot of hummus, carrots, chicken, fish...

Did anyone else read humans?

Dessicated coconut and ground flax seed are two good sources of fat. Dried fruit is good becuase you get a lot more for your money, careful though supermarkets are fond of putting shit in dried fruit. All fruits / Veg bar potatoesare good, fish, chicken, liver, (liver is sooo good for you i would like to eat it but i did some stupid shit a while ago :doh: ) dont eat too much liver, coconut oil is sweet, green peas for mushy peas/pea soup, split peas, quinoa (have it with curry and soy and dessicated coconut and flax seeds its like a bowl of curry and rice) buckwheat, walnuts, fruit smoothies...

SOME of these may trigger acne in SOME people, but for the most part they are okay, remember you cant cut everything out. IMO its more important to eat healthy and hope you body fixes itself, you just have to have a little faith. And a shit load of determination/patience.

Guest Stu :-)

lol yeh. Great source of protein huh

I always wondered if there would be a threat like this where everyone could just add to the list based on their own experience...but then I realzied that there is no real "LIST" to go by, because what breaks one person out may not break another person out, you pretty much need to experiment for yourself and make your own trial and error list...but from my experience here are some of the Yays ands Nays of eating that I have found out over the years...

The Goods:

Carrots, Walnuts, Almonds, Apples, Grapes, Strawberries, Chicken, tomato soup, celery, steak, water, green tea, lettace, raspberries

The Bads:

Pizza, Spaghetti, Coke, any type of Candy, Rice, Milk, Gravy, Ketchup, BBQ sauce, cheese, ice cream, apple juice, chips, chocolate, alcohol

Not Sure/Borderline:

Peanut Butter, Jam, Bread, soda crackers, salt, fish, potatoes, french fries,

^ ^ ^ sounds like as far as metabolic types go, you're a strong protein type huh?

if carbs break you out, potatoes would probably do it too. also, banannas. both are very starchy evidently.

^ ^ ^ sounds like as far as metabolic types go, you're a strong protein type huh?

if carbs break you out, potatoes would probably do it too. also, banannas. both are very starchy evidently.

Yeah, My diet consists of large quantites of protein. As for banannas though, never liked them, havn't had a bananna since I was a little kid, so, no worries in that department.

However, I do like bananna bread strangly, however, I think it breaks me out, hence why I havn't had some in ages...but it's soooo good.

Haha! :razz:

Umm I have found that after cutting about 95% of the sugar, salt, and diary from my diet that I used to eat...

I have had a better complexion. I usually break out with one or two deep zits if I eat pizza. I usually breakout with 3+ deep zits and/or cysts, if I eat something like a sunday. I think I can have a cookie once in a while. I've cut all sugar out of my coffee. etc...

and even though i know i can eat a little sugar, i don't feel like it now. in fact. i hate it. i t makes me feel gross.

i am enjoying eating healthy now. very much so. if i eat anything thats gross like too much cheese or something with too much sugar, i feel sick AND i get bestowed with zits.

The Bads:

Pizza, Spaghetti, Coke, any type of Candy, Rice, Milk, Gravy, Ketchup, BBQ sauce, cheese, ice cream, apple juice, chips, chocolate, alcohol

awe man, i'd die of starvation if rice did it ... now that i've said that ... it'll probably become true. :wall::doh: