Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smoof

Moisturizer balling up with BP

I know in the FAQ it recommends that if the moisturizer kind of "balls up" or flakes with the BP to use one with AHA... I have tried that and it was working well until I found out it was comodogenic (Kiss My Face), and a few other ones, the latest of which is the Eucerine 5% Urea one... and they ALL flake off with these white flakes of BP it seems like no matter how softly I smooth it on my skin... so frustrating! What do I do?

hey welcome to the board.

u say u se Eucerin 5% urea, but you still get flakes?

what cleanser and what BP product are you currently using?

that way we could help :)

If you are using a cream based BP product, it wil be that that is causing your problems. That is why a lot of people use Dans BP gel as it is a clear product that just soaks into your skin without leaving a residue.

well i'm using the on-the-spot... and Spectrojel cleanser... I know a lot of people say that the cream will do this, but it seems odd that there's no way to avoid balling up with the moisturizer...

I used on-the-spot for the first year I was on the Regimen and never had a balling up issue!

I always wonder if it is the method in which people apply their moisturizer. If you smear it around rubbing in circles, I can see how it might ball up.

I've used on-the-spot with all my moisturizers and never had a problem with balling up. I just dot it on my skin, and gently smooth it on using outward strokes.

Try that and see if the balling up issue improves.