Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been on Dan's Regimen for about 6 months now, and I am CLEAR, when I wash my face, I feel no bumps on my face and it's smooth as a babys skin.

However, I have NASTY red marks left behind and it's very noticeable! I was wondering, if I were to put JUST lotion on if it would be alright?? Right now I altered the Regimen to just Cleansing with the Johnson+Johnson Bar Soap. I don't apply BP since I don't have to kill any acne (sometimes I apply very little to the very small pimples).

This is the product that I am wondering if I can use on my face over the Red Marks

http://www.infinitealoe.com/store/productinfo.aspx

Look at the ingredients and let me know because I don't want to be breaking out because of the oils in this product.

Here is a picture of what my face looks like.............

IPB Image

MaMa lotion should help you alot.

Use Neutrogenas Deep Clean line to exfoliate and keep clean.

I will try the MaMa lotion. How should I include this in my regimen? Cleanse with bar soap in the morning, wait 10 minutes, apply the MaMa Lotion on Red marks....

I was told that exfoliation stuff is bad and causes more redness because it can irritate the skin and might cause breakouts?

I was told that exfoliation stuff is bad and causes more redness because it can irritate the skin and might cause breakouts?

It isn't recommended to manually exfoliate while on the regimen, but since you're 6 months into it, I don't think its much of a problem. If you are still hesitant, get a chemical exfoliant (like a lotion with AHA). An example would be Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Facial Lotion (it works as a moisturizer and an AHA to exfoliate your skin). It does it much slower, but much safer. It is what I use.

If it's inflamation then I would try Mineral Makeup I know that the brand I am currently using (joppa minerals), has helped a friend of mine clear up and allergic reaction and it has totally cleared my acne.

It does not include Bismuth and It's main ingredient's are Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide which are anti-infalmitorys, it's definatly different than any other mineral makeup I have used.

The other suggestion would be Emu Oil.

Hope this helps. :angel:

Hey fireinthehole if you find anything for those red marks send me a message, my skin looks exactly the same as yours. I've only been on Dan's regimen for a little over 2 weeks or so, so I guess more new zits awaits me. I have 2 at the moment, other than that 100% clear except for the red marks of course, which I can't wait to get rid of... and I can't feel any bumps or anything.

Everyone just says they will fade within a year, but I am unhappy with that solution, I want something that can work faster than that :D

I look the same as well :( Mostly on my right temple, and above my right eyebrow.

Any updates? Look at my join date, thats how long ive been 'waiting' for this to fade... my patience has weared.

i always thought being clear was having clear skin. but so many people have said im 100% clear now but how tons of red marks???? so then your face isnt clear...I guess you mean your clear of active acne...confusing

My red marks are similar to yours - I have tons of them! Is the MaMa lotion safe to use because the derm told me mandelic acid can cause dark brown marks that will never go away. This is really confusing to me because lots of people on here love Mandelic acid

Guest nec77

We need an old person who had red marks to reply to this. Because the red marks are supposed to fade in time, but, mine have been 4 years. I think if they will go away (which i think is possible because i've seen people with really bad skin but they have even skin tone), it'll take like 10+ years. I've had mine for 4 years. :eh: