Notifications
Clear all

No Back Acne is Worse than mine .. the truth

MemberMember
(@sandywo)

Posted : 07/19/2006 10:22 pm

As i looked through photos, i realized that i am disgusted by people who are complaining about their one or two blown up pimples... and use accutane ..

okay some people just got it worse than you do!!!!!! okay i just wanted it to make that clear.. NO OFFENSE

heres a picture of a me with REAL BACKACNE! REAL! sometimes i just become so depressed looking at myself in the mirror .. i can't go swimming... can't wear what i want .. to make matters worse .. i am on an athletic team and envy everyone who is in it ..

i tried everything on the market and nothing worked. . it only made things worse.. and when i tried oral .. nothing ..

one time i went to a doctor .. and he told me in my face that i had a disease and my skin was rotting away .. i got realli mad and wanted to die .. and then i went to another doctor and i ...

decided to try laser.. and hopefully things will look better .. soon

GOD i still remember b4 my laser treatments. i would wake up every single day with semi blood/bacteria stained on my shirt or bed .... it was TERRIBLE!! not only that ...sometimes my acne would bleed through my shirt in public and people would go whats that? n i say ketchum stain LOL yea it was purty bad for me

anyways i just want everyone to take a look at someone who has the real acne deal .

05-23-06

IPB Image

IPB Image

<p>

06-10-06

IPB Image

IPB Image

<p>

07-19-06

IPB Image

<p>

any suggestions to improve my acne thanks !

MemberMember
(@postfetalphase)

Posted : 07/19/2006 11:03 pm

That is pretty bad, man. Hopefully someone here can give you some advice that will help.

However, I'd say your body looks pretty nice, past the acne :)

MemberMember
(@lifter4life)

Posted : 07/19/2006 11:05 pm

You said you're on an athletic team.

Do you do freeweights like benchpress or squats and other lifts that put pressure on your back. I have noticed that it can make it worse.

MemberMember
(@sandywo)

Posted : 07/20/2006 12:12 am

my skin use to look like the bottom half of my back but one day iono all hell broke loose

i tried regular acne products in drugstores ( neutrogena + clearsil) ... n heard u have to use it for several weeks to get results .. .. but that didn't happen to me and i tried other products and waited weeks to see results..

As time dragged by .. my acne just got worse and worse .. n

yea i don't do those bench press squat thingy

MemberMember
(@spaced)

Posted : 07/20/2006 12:22 am

The worst thing for me is when I put a shirt on I look and feel like everyone else. I forget my back and shoulders and live life like I'm normal, hoping this curse will work itself out. It's taking a major life adjustment, diet, avoiding backpacks, etc. It's been 10 years of me off and on not caring, off and on sticking to a treatment, thinking that nothing would cure. Don't give up. If you can't find the cure, maybe you can treat the symptom. Find a new doctor, for one. The doctors who show no compassion are the first to get sued for malpractice.

MemberMember
(@1decade2many)

Posted : 07/20/2006 3:38 am

I feel for you sandywo,

My back looked similar, maybe slightly better for most of my college life. I don't think I ever had as large of bumps. I never took my shirt off, ever. Didn't want people to know. Still don't.

I was an athlete too, and I always wondered if I was causing it by working out. I gained muscle really quickly. . . within a few weeks of really pushing myself I could gain 10 pounds or more of muscle. I know that testosterone levels can influence acne, so now that I'm not doing sports, I'm taking a break from working out to see if I can get totally clear.

Best I can offer you for advice is probably what you're already doing. . . Get lots of sleep, water and electrolytes, and you might want to try taking Vitamin C in large doses. I worked my way up to 6000mg of Vitamin C a day, and it did help. I also took Zinc, and E. All of them are good for skin, healing, and they fight inflamation.

I lived in a fairly humid environment, and that also was part of the problem. If you've got the chance, move to a drier area. . . I know its not likely, but if you're headed to college to play sports, Arizona might do wonders for your skin.

The sun helped immensely, for me. I used it to clear up the major portion of my acne one summer, and then after that it was easier to maintain the clear skin. And less depressing. Although during the winter that year, it did come back, especially when I cut down on sleep and was stressed from finals and such.

Sea salt would probably help as well, although you may have tried it already.

If your face is clear, its probably mostly because its not trapped in clothes all the time. While you sleep, you could try sleeping on your side, and let the skin on your back breathe more at night. That is, if you can keep from rolling over.

It sucks, I know, but do what you can to get through it. . . don't let it win by getting you down.

BTW, I still have it on my back, but because of the sun this summer, sea salt, and I the vitamins, I feel I have some control. There's a lot less than I used to have, and as I change my sleeping habits, I think I can further diminish it.

Good luck man, I hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@energizer)

Posted : 07/20/2006 5:15 am

I have big lumpy cysts like that as well man I know how hard it is. Though mine is on my chest, lower back and upper arms as well .... :(

You need Accutane.

MemberMember
(@allaboutthetane)

Posted : 07/20/2006 5:14 pm

Your back is bad, but not the worst i have seen. Atleast its on your back and not like that all over your face. Plus girls don't look at your back when you're having sex with them. ;)

Chin up. Accutane will give you all the revenge you need on that acne.

MemberMember
(@elavin85)

Posted : 07/20/2006 6:00 pm

I feel for you sandywo,

My back looked similar, maybe slightly better for most of my college life. I don't think I ever had as large of bumps. I never took my shirt off, ever. Didn't want people to know. Still don't.

I was an athlete too, and I always wondered if I was causing it by working out. I gained muscle really quickly. . . within a few weeks of really pushing myself I could gain 10 pounds or more of muscle. I know that testosterone levels can influence acne, so now that I'm not doing sports, I'm taking a break from working out to see if I can get totally clear.

Best I can offer you for advice is probably what you're already doing. . . Get lots of sleep, water and electrolytes, and you might want to try taking Vitamin C in large doses. I worked my way up to 6000mg of Vitamin C a day, and it did help. I also took Zinc, and E. All of them are good for skin, healing, and they fight inflamation.

I lived in a fairly humid environment, and that also was part of the problem. If you've got the chance, move to a drier area. . . I know its not likely, but if you're headed to college to play sports, Arizona might do wonders for your skin.

The sun helped immensely, for me. I used it to clear up the major portion of my acne one summer, and then after that it was easier to maintain the clear skin. And less depressing. Although during the winter that year, it did come back, especially when I cut down on sleep and was stressed from finals and such.

Sea salt would probably help as well, although you may have tried it already.

If your face is clear, its probably mostly because its not trapped in clothes all the time. While you sleep, you could try sleeping on your side, and let the skin on your back breathe more at night. That is, if you can keep from rolling over.

It sucks, I know, but do what you can to get through it. . . don't let it win by getting you down.

BTW, I still have it on my back, but because of the sun this summer, sea salt, and I the vitamins, I feel I have some control. There's a lot less than I used to have, and as I change my sleeping habits, I think I can further diminish it.

Good luck man, I hope this helps.

I can attest to this. When I take long breaks from working out, my skin settles down. But when I start working out again, ouch. I don't think it is testosterone. Working out doesnt increase it (yes, proven) but there are a ton of other things that your body goes through when you distress your muscles. Prostoglandins go through the roof and cause inflammation. Blood vessels dilate. Your blood becomes more acidic due to the buildup of lacic acid. etc...

MemberMember
(@09rules)

Posted : 07/20/2006 8:48 pm

any suggestions to improve my acne thanks !

Mine was as bad or worse... probably the same number of blemishes/cysts but spread out over almost my entire back, not just the top half. Then I used Retin-A. Had my mom apply it to my back every night. Gone in 6 months and stayed gone forever. You might want to give it a try. Sorry your doctor's a jerk, that sucks.

MemberMember
(@sandywo)

Posted : 07/20/2006 9:00 pm

yea thanks everyone for the advice / help!

i havn't used accutan because my doctor wanted to see the results after my laser treatments .... however he prescribed me a different type of oral medication.

i think it's a miracle that i went from the first picture with red bumps/ splotches everywhere to the present picture

i am currently happy with the results of my laser treatments because i see improvement ....

oh yea lol n i havn't tried the salt in bath thingy ..ill get it at the market tonight and try it :)

oh n about the working out thingy ... umm i don't work out as much as my peers because i believe theres no point in working out/ gaining muscle .. if you can't show it off rite? even though it'll help me in my performance on the team.

MemberMember
(@neutralzonetrap)

Posted : 07/20/2006 9:30 pm

I know what you mean, man. My back acne used to be pretty bad, althoguh not as bad as it is in those pictures, but like yours, it's spread along the top half of my back. The last time I saw my dermatologist, he gave me some body wash stuff just for body acne. Since I first got it, my back acne has disappeared some, but it's not completely gone. I haven't gone to the pool at all this summer because of it. I'm going to see a dermatologist next Thursday, so hopefully I can get something that will work.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/20/2006 10:48 pm

I've been using hibiscrub/hibiclens on my bacne. It's not bad.

MemberMember
(@uruk)

Posted : 07/23/2006 4:27 am

My bacne was at least as severe as yours. Do some treatment, before you scar like I did (I look like I have been thru some horrible torture. In a way, that's true.)

MemberMember
(@italhawk87)

Posted : 07/23/2006 9:03 am

working out doesn't incr ur acne .. its the pressure and strain that goes onto that back that does it... one way u can reduce that is simply by trying not to put any kind of pressure onto the back... like look for excersies that don't put u against a bench... another thing u can try is an alpha hydrox moisturizer or acid which can help speed up the acne process and last maybe try either bp, salicylic acid or tea tree oil to help reduce

MemberMember
(@wanderingstar3gmail-com)

Posted : 07/24/2006 2:27 pm

My back looked similar for a while, though I didn't have nearly as large of bumps...what cleared up mine literally in a month was cutting out dairy from my diet, and using basis blemish bar (i've only been able to find it at brooks or drugstore.com) with a natural bristle back brush. I'll take my shower, shampoo, everything else...and then last i'll lather up the brush and scrub GENTLY you don't need to do it hard with that brush lol all over my chest and back, let it soak in for about a minute and then wash off. It turns into a bunch of tiny zits for a while i guess because of the friction, but then heals...I think i'm wearing spaghetti strap tanks for the first time this summer in like over 7 years!!!! good luck, hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@charles-lee)

Posted : 07/24/2006 9:48 pm

Hey, that's what my back used to look like, copy that and put it on my chest too. But for some unknown reason it randomly stopped a month ago, and I've cleared up. I think it just moved to my face....

But yea, lots of exfoliating and leaving SA wash on, instead of washing it off cleared the red marks (most).

MemberMember
(@nmcrae)

Posted : 07/25/2006 9:28 am

Hey mate, mine was very similar. I'm an athlete aswell. Havn't taken my shirt off infront of anyone in about 3 years. Tried everything before hand, including blue light therapy. Listen to me now when i say ACCUTAINE. Trust me, do it. You hear all these negative things about it, and yer alot of it happens, but u deal with it as it comes and everything ends up sweet. I worried myself to bits before it but iv been on it for like 6 months now and never really had any troubles. If u can adapt to bacne u can adapt to accutaine.

MemberMember
(@rorschach)

Posted : 07/27/2006 1:52 pm

Actually my back looks just as bad. And to make it worse I was on accutane and developed hypergranulation tissue which made this strange large squishy bumps. So my back is terrible. I'm at the mercy of my derm right now. But good luck with your situation. I hope be both get through this.

MemberMember
(@razzledazzle)

Posted : 07/27/2006 9:31 pm

Accutane might help. Does it work on the body or just the face? sorry, I don't know much about it...

MemberMember
(@hustler1)

Posted : 07/29/2006 2:52 am

^Yah, accutane really helps cure just about everywhere: face, back, chest, shoulders, arms, etc...

sandy, id say the only advice i can give ya right now is accutane. i know for sure after 6 months, your back would prolly be like 97% completely clear (a few redmarks here and there). when my back was real severe with acne, i just wanted to burn myself. ><

i doubt any other products or medicines would help. sorry man...i know exaclty how u must feel. D:

MemberMember
(@savethedrama)

Posted : 07/29/2006 9:04 pm

shiznat. that's some improvement. sea salt baths did the trick for me. and vinegar. now all i have left are the red marks of doom

MemberMember
(@sandywo)

Posted : 07/29/2006 9:43 pm

uhh lol i where can i buy sea salt?? at the market like Ralphs? i went to ralph and could only fiind epson salt ....

and thanks everyone for the help .. appreciate it

MemberMember
(@savethedrama)

Posted : 07/29/2006 9:49 pm

uhh lol i where can i buy sea salt?? at the market like Ralphs? i went to ralph and could only fiind epson salt ....

and thanks everyone for the help .. appreciate it

really? my ralph's has it. but it only comes in a small jar. and that's not enough. so i bought it in bulk off of e-bay. ... you know what's funny. i don't even know if it's actual sea salt. they probably just sent me normal rock salt and got me to believe its real. <3 placebo effect

MemberMember
(@robsheridan)

Posted : 07/30/2006 6:22 pm

My back looks kind of like yours.... I know it sucks... I have done accutane twice... I was clear

for a few months and then it came back with a vengence..... I was using phisohex (Hexachlorophine 3%) to wash my

back... the results were great, but got very expensive. Maybe you should give it a try. Don't be fooled

by the over the counter phiso stuff... this is doctor prescribed only and is a very, very powerful antibiotic

wash. very small ammounts is very potent.