Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have plans for the day, take a shower and stuff and you're feeling pretty decent, but then you look in a different mirror, or see your reflection in a car window and you want to instantly go to your room and not leave? God thats the worst.

Yes. I've noticed that my bathroom mirror is much more comforting then my car rear view mirror. Maybe because in the car there's more lighting and I can see my face close up. My advice is to avoid all mirrors but your bathroom mirror. :ninja:

Yes. I've noticed that my bathroom mirror is much more comforting then my car rear view mirror. Maybe because in the car there's more lighting and I can see my face close up. My advice is to avoid all mirrors but your bathroom mirror. :ninja:

:dance::dance: this is such an awesome smiley. My bathroom mirror is the same way. I look amazing in there, and then the outside mirrors make me look not as good. I guess if you didn't look at the bathroom mirror, the outside ones wouldn't bother you as much.

Hah, glad I wasn't the only one. Yes, rear view mirrors are definitely killer. It's funny how I try and avoid them because you see all the little bumps.

of course , i plan my day like perfect , this that this that .. i look into the mirror and then im like wtf am i walking aroudn with red marks all over my face.

P.S. why do car mirrors make skin look 5 times worst? when im in my bathroom it doesnt look that bad,also corridor mirrors on the fire hydrant. do they really make skin look better or do we just look like that :(?

of course , i plan my day like perfect , this that this that .. i look into the mirror and then im like wtf am i walking aroudn with red marks all over my face.

P.S. why do car mirrors make skin look 5 times worst? when im in my bathroom it doesnt look that bad,also corridor mirrors on the fire hydrant. do they really make skin look better or do we just look like that :(?

Car mirrors are the worse... they show any tiny bump or anything uhh.

That's so true. I hate looking into car mirrors 'cause they make my face look so much paler and make the red marks and pimples look more noticeable. Do car mirrors show what you really look like though? 'Cause if that's the case...

That's so true. I hate looking into car mirrors 'cause they make my face look so much paler and make the red marks and pimples look more noticeable. Do car mirrors show what you really look like though? 'Cause if that's the case...

Omg.. I hope not. Car mirrors suck, I look hidious in them lol

Have plans for the day, take a shower and stuff and you're feeling pretty decent, but then you look in a different mirror, or see your reflection in a car window and you want to instantly go to your room and not leave? God thats the worst.

I remember specifically one day a few months ago when this exact thing happened :| I was going out to eat with my friend at a resturant we're sort of regulars at. I was helping her change lanes in heavy traffic and saw my red skin in the mirror. And then I sort of wasn't as outgoing anymore.

It doesn't seem right that such a small second's glance can change one's mood so drastically. It is indeed the worst.

Hah, glad I wasn't the only one. Yes, rear view mirrors are definitely killer. It's funny how I try and avoid them because you see all the little bumps.

Yeah, rear view mirrors are the worst! I can never decide which mirrors are the most accurate.. I think car mirrors me look worse, my bathroom mirror makes me look good cuz the room has a light red tint so my red marks blend in, and I usually look better than I think in pictures.

yea back in school, those days, are long gone when you are an adult, responsibilities and things, i can't just not go to work etc etc.

Happens to me all the time. I feel really good when im showered, dressed and got makeup on. I always look in my compact mirror which makes my skin look better. But when i look in a normal mirror-i'm like "ugh, this is what i look like"! Depressing and makes me not wanna go anywhere. But im getting out the house more of lately lol!

Happens to me all the time. I feel really good when im showered, dressed and got makeup on. I always look in my compact mirror which makes my skin look better. But when i look in a normal mirror-i'm like "ugh, this is what i look like"! Depressing and makes me not wanna go anywhere. But im getting out the house more of lately lol!

Same here dude... you look great in one mirror..., catch another mirror and bam your depressed.

Oh my gaa.. I feel the same way but I got so used to it. Now I don't have mirrors in my bathroom . I just look at my self in my closet mirror which has good lighting coz its right next to my window.. HOw I wish that I could just take a bath, put on my clothes and go to work without ever thing of my face..

Sometimes I wish I was Keanu Reeves, so good looking ...

Guest TylerD

Nah not so much anymore, because everyone I hang out with (close friends, gf, family) all know me well enough not to give a shit about my face.

I do that a lot lol

I hate when i have done my make up and my spots look completly covered and my skin looks ok enough for me to feel i can go out and be comfortable.... then i look in a different mirror....!!!!

I hate mirrors but i couldnt live without one, if i have bad skin, i look in the mirror every 5 minutes, makes me feel worse tho cause it just reminds me that i have horrible skin :(

I guess I have a love-hate relationship with mirrors. I love looking in them and do it obsessively, but I hate what I see when I do this. I used to have a really old, scratched mirror in my bathroom during high school and I'd always feel great in the morning looking into that. Then, I'd get into school with their pristine, well lighted bathroom mirrors and my confidence would crumble. Luckily, the restaurant I work at has very dim lighting and I always look good in the mirrors there. I guess I feel more confident at work now because I know my skin isn't as noticably bad.

i'm always paranoid when people are sitting in the back seat looking at the rear view mirror on my side :wall:

If i'm in the back of a car i always sit opposite the driver's side so i don't accidentally catch my reflection in their mirror, or so they don't see me :doubt: and i too have that whole look alright in one mirror - not in another thing. I'm like wtf :confused: i'm just coming to terms with all the mirrors in my house and then i'll go out and in any mirror in any shop or anywhere you can just see EVERYTHING even beneath 10 layers of makeup. How can that be? Then i'll have a panic attack and have to go home. Sucky

If i'm in the back of a car i always sit opposite the driver's side so i don't accidentally catch my reflection in their mirror, or so they don't see me :doubt: and i too have that whole look alright in one mirror - not in another thing. I'm like wtf :confused: i'm just coming to terms with all the mirrors in my house and then i'll go out and in any mirror in any shop or anywhere you can just see EVERYTHING even beneath 10 layers of makeup. How can that be? Then i'll have a panic attack and have to go home. Sucky

Damn, I do this too (the car thing).

I agree though, how your reflection in car windows (houses too) emphasize everything 50 times worse. Like people have said, I hope it's not how we actually appear towards others. Though I suspect it's the combination of tint/shadows on the window itself (if that makes sense lol) that distorts appearance. I'm sure there's a science to all of this - someone posted a thread how the camera/photograph can often distort people's appearance. Maybe window reflections do the exact same thing?

Makes me feel a little better knowing that i'm not the only one who has a different face for every mirror or shiny thing. I've actually like, held my arm up before so that i could compare the real thing to the mirror's version of it *sad/strange i know :lol: * and it was different! but, i couldn't work out how or why. Mirrors can either be my best friend or a nightmare, and this really ticks me off. With the car wing mirrors though, for when i have to sit in the front i've moved the seat so much that i can only see my neck downwards in the reflection haha. Fuck, it's uncomfortable though :( That's how awful it is. When anyone else sits there and later moans about their backs, well yeah i may know why mhm

i just can't avoid mirrors. i look in one every available chance i got :dance: ... although i look disgusting in them :wall: . its a habit from when i didn't have acne. stupid conceided me. mehh. acne has kinda made me more... :think: mature?