Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sourpunch

camellia oil or jojoba oil??

I want to start using either camellia or jojoba oil. it seems like more people use the camellia oil for pitted scars. I dont reall have pitted scars. my scars are more red/brown, some raised, some very shallow. Will jojoba do the job?? I sorta like the fact that it has antibacterial properties. does jojoba get rid of red/brown scars ? which is better between the two??

I use Camilla and like it. I have pitted scars.

What do you like about it?? Has it improved your scars? Does it break you out? Thanks!

It is a good natural moisturizer. It has not improved my scars yet, but I've only used it for two months and have heard first hand accounts who have said it helped with a year's use. It doesn't break me out but I was on Accutane 8 months ago.

It is a good natural moisturizer. It has not improved my scars yet, but I've only used it for two months and have heard first hand accounts who have said it helped with a year's use. It doesn't break me out but I was on Accutane 8 months ago.

just wondering....what do people mean when they say "pitted" scars...or "crater" scars?? Are those icepicks, or rolling scars??

Mine are roundish and diferent-shaped indentations that look shallow in good lighting and bad in harsh lighting

I use jojoba oil mixed with a bit of caster oil. It makes my face very soft and doesn't break me out. Hard to say if it helps scarring because I'm having Fraxel treatments done right now.

Some people also mix it with grapeseed oil. Depends on how your skin reacts to it. I'd give it a try, the oils are usually cheap and last awhile.

just wondering....what do people mean when they say "pitted" scars...or "crater" scars?? Are those icepicks, or rolling scars??

most likely icepicks or boxcars I would think

Guest HKS

Dublin 22, have you noticed any improvements in your skin from the camellia oil?