Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I switched to the regimen once a day to save some money until I get the CSR Gel and I was wondering if it would be better to apply BP in the morning or night?

Thanks.

Night is best unless you love rubbing your face into the pillow.

Not really but I do sleep on my sides sometimes so...

And what makes the night better? Or is it the same?

if you can get away with once daily applications, personally i'd do it at night.

you don't have to worry about several bp-related issues if you do the applications at night (assuming you're asleep): sweating and getting other liquids on my face is what bugs me, so nighttime applications would be nice. you can also go about your daytime life with only some moisturizer on your face -- it feels a little nicer with just moisturizer on (and make sure you do have moisturizer w/ sunblock on during the day, since bp makes your face more sensitive to sunlight).

if you can get away with once daily applications, personally i'd do it at night.

you don't have to worry about several bp-related issues if you do the applications at night (assuming you're asleep): sweating and getting other liquids on my face is what bugs me, so nighttime applications would be nice. you can also go about your daytime life with only some moisturizer on your face -- it feels a little nicer with just moisturizer on (and make sure you do have moisturizer w/ sunblock on during the day, since bp makes your face more sensitive to sunlight).

Is it more effective though to do it at night?

No sun during the night.

You're pretty much inactive so sweating, rubbing, etc aren't a concern.

There are just fewer things that can go wrong during the night. That's what makes night applications more effective.

Is it more effective though to do it at night?

At night, because your body is not using any energy to function beyond keeping you alive, it goes into hyper-heal mode to fix blemishes/bruises/cuts/anything wrong with your body. Using BP at night will help those benefits by adding to the great healing effects a good night's sleep have.