Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prodigy

To add AHA just now, or not?

Hi,

Im nearly into 3 weeks on the regimen, and the results have been amazing, seriously....I've never had my acne start to clear up like this with anything i've had from my doctor.

Im using the full length of BP ..well, actually...I usually use a little more (dans BP)

My question, should I add AHA?

Im worried since i'm doing so well like this, should I even try to add AHA at the moment?

I am a fairly red, but thats calmed down a bit in the last day.

Advice please :)

HOnestly, if you are still a little red I wouldnt reccomend it. You didnt say anything about flaking either... most people only use AHA to get rid of excessive flaking that simple moisturizer just wont remove. I would wait until later to change ANYTHING at all so that way you know for sure if it is something you changed that made you break out or if it just a normal "relapse" on the course to clear skin. I made the mistake of changing too many things and I never knew what it was that was making me break out! Plus, if your skin is doing fine already AHA MIGHT make your skin more red and tight... thats what it did to me when I used too much of it. SO my final reccomendation...just stick to what you are doing unless of course you are having a major flaking issue which would be the main reason to go ahead with AHA.

Keep using the full amount of BP for at least another week or two before you add in the AHA. The AHA will be irritating at first, so you want to be certain your skin can handle all that BP at once before you add in another active ingredient.

Yeah, wait until the redness mostly subsides and your skin is doing very well on the regimen you're on now. once you're 'stabilized' you can add AHA and see how it goes. I'd wait at least another week or two, if not more.