Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Penguin Lancer

For those of you who are mostly acne free.

Did it just hit you all at once? I mean, yestersay, I couldn't sleep, so I was walking around and I passed by a mirror, and saw my face, which had no visible acne and only a few scars. I realized my skin was getting better, but it never looked that good and I was just shocked. Has this happened to anyone else?

Did it just hit you all at once? I mean, yestersay, I couldn't sleep, so I was walking around and I passed by a mirror, and saw my face, which had no visible acne and only a few scars. I realized my skin was getting better, but it never looked that good and I was just shocked. Has this happened to anyone else?

ya man its a weird feeling...im still workiong on my red marks and scars though....but know what you mean

I remember having a moment like that once. I usually avoided the mirror and used the one in the corner of my room at night so I couldn't see any details. One daym the woman I babsat for asked my mom what I was using for my skin because she said I was really clear.

My reaction was "Huh, I'm clear?". I looked in the mirror when I got home and I was clear. I just never really noticed it because I was so used to avoiding mirrors and not scrutinizing my skin.

ya, i got dressed up, last week and went out with my girlfriend. i looked in the mirror and i was the clearest i've ever been. It is an amazing feeling. It's amazing how different you feel, and how much more fun yo have when

youre clear. I really shouldnt be doing this, but i have been using accutane, only 2 40mg pills a week. My friend

has been supplying me. it works incredible, even though im taking only 2 a week. Ive only had dry lips. it is the only thing in my opinion that works wonders.

I feel the same. If you think about acne too much, life will pass you by.

yeah sure, lately i've had days where i thought i looked as bad as ever,

and some days i wake up, look in the mirror and go WOW!

been trying a new line of products lately and tey really work. i'm almost there.

been trying a new line of products lately and tey really work. i'm almost there.

Share the wealth lol.

Share the wealth lol.

well got money? check out ROC's purif-ac line. expensive as hell but they really work.

i use the purifying cleanser and the soothing reparator in the morning,

the purifying cleanser and the fast action gel in the evening.

Well, after I began clearing up in late 2004 ... there was a day that was horrible and I basically told my mom all my feelings, all my pain, everything that was wrong with my life.

The next day, I felt ... different. My depression was gone in one day which is still a mystery to me. (I still had moderate cystic acne).

Btw, I'm never acne-free. My acne is just too persistent to clear up, though it's mild enough to not affect me.

I've set little goals for me to reach by a certain date to keep me motivated with my skin. I never used to reach my silly little goals at all. (For example, being able to wash my face without pain eek :( ) But all of a sudden, the other day, I realized that I only have one more goal, which is to wait for the red marks to leave, which I hope to have done by December.

It's a good feeling.

Yep. I remember not looking directly in mirrors for one or two months and when I finally did take a full glance I was all, "Hey, I'm actually... a bit clear". Of course, it was a more pleasant surprise. :)

I just got back from a vacation to Schlitterbahn, and I didn't expect any girls to check me out, but I was wrong. My acne is mostly cleared up now thanks to the benzoyl peroxide and the information I've gleaned from these forums. It's easy to take for granted sometimes, but I appreciate that I've cleared up for the most part, and now I can stop worrying about it so much and move onto bigger and better things. It's a good feeling.

Guest TylerD

No mine didnt hit me all at once. i was on accutane for 6 months and it got better but it didnt just hit me. I noticed the work in progress.

ya, i got dressed up, last week and went out with my girlfriend. i looked in the mirror and i was the clearest i've ever been. It is an amazing feeling. It's amazing how different you feel, and how much more fun yo have when

youre clear. I really shouldnt be doing this, but i have been using accutane, only 2 40mg pills a week. My friend

has been supplying me. it works incredible, even though im taking only 2 a week. Ive only had dry lips. it is the only thing in my opinion that works wonders.

nice! thats what im gonna do 10mg a day... should do the trick huh?

Yeah, this afternoon actually. After my friend and I were swimming, she said "Man, I have a pudgey stomach [which she really doesn't] and it makes me so self-conscious" and so I said "Eh, well I'm self-conscious over my skin" and she said "What? But you're clear." It made me happy for awhile, but then when I looked in the mirror I saw the red marks and a few spots. Still, I've come a long way.

Its a obession isnt it, this ideal of perfect skin. Thats this forum exists is proof of it. Friends who dont have acne have similar mini turmoils over things that ultimatly arent as serious as they gravitas they give them.

Obessive finger nail cleanliness, shape of thighs, one girl is looking talking seriously about having laser hair removal on the so slight downy hairs on her arms.

Personally I know its something i pin alot of my other insecurities on it. I know it is a real thing, but it becomes my little punching bag for self loathing traits.

But on being totally clear, Ive had very clear skin, but then i just start obessing about others things, shape of nose etc.

Sorry this is turning in a ramble of negativity!

to hash a point, clear skin or not it just makes you realise that you need to address things in a more holistic way.