Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skipper

Wierd Phobia about swallowing Large pills......

I know this sounds really stupid, but ive always had like a wierd phobia about taking large pills..... Once I see a big pill that i have to take, i cant swallow it... When I saw the doxy pill, i didnt want to take it ! I really want to try it . How can i get over this?

I know this sounds really stupid, but ive always had like a wierd phobia about taking large pills..... Once I see a big pill that i have to take, i cant swallow it... When I saw the doxy pill, i didnt want to take it ! I really want to try it . How can i get over this?

I have the same problem. With my accutane pills, I just put the pills in my mouth and drink a LARGE gulp of water....I dont even feel the pills in my mouth. Its wierd....I try not to think of it..... this sounds funny....but I sing songs in my head while Im doing it and thats all i'll concentrate on at the moment. Please dont think Im a nut job :)

I couldn't swallow a whole pill until I was 15 years old... I just had a phobia about it too. I couldn't even break them in half to swallow them, I had to chew them :sick: Luckily I was pretty healthy when I was younger and didn't have to take too many, although I can still vividly recall the sour powdery mushed-up taste of tylonol.

Guest nec77

put the pill in your mouth, then sip a mouthful of water and just swallow it real quick. its mind over matter.

When I was younger I had the same deal - the thought of swallowing something freaked me out.

I have asthma, and I *have* to take allergy medicine, or my breathing gets horrible.

One time when I was at a check-up and my ped. was writing out my refill, he wrote it for pills and not liquid. I was way too embarassed to tell him I didn't want to swallow it, so I took the prescription (mean while my mom was in the background laughing at me).

I was *so* scared that I would choke on the pills... that I went home and practiced swallowing. I broke up some ice cubes into small chunks, and worked on swallowing those. (I knew they would melt before I could possible choke). It took me awhile, but I finally got comfortable swallowing pills.

Anyway, just wanted to share what worked for me... you're not alone, good luck!

~Becca

thanks so much i feel alot better ! good luck to everyone! i hope doxy works- has anyone tried it?

yes, I tried it, but i'm not sure if it worked... i wasn't on it for that long, i stopped using it because it was really harsh on my stomach.