Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I read in a book that not shaving for a few days is good for acne but wouldn't a beard cause more oil, etc. I am doing the bp regimen and I don't have to be clean shaven for my summer job but I'm just curious if growing a slight beard/goatee/mustache and only shaving 2 times a week would worsen the acne.

thanks

there's a lot of information (and also mis-information) out there and it differs from person to person.... you know what the best thing to do is ? experiment and do what you like best and/or what works best for you.

It differs for everyone really, but for me shaving every day or not shaving for a week or 2 gives me the best results.I find that shaving 2 or 3 times a week is the most irritating as the razor seems to drag as the stubble is very tough after 2 or 3 days, but if I dont shave for a week or more my facial hair gets soft and much easier to shave.

As far as I am concerned, you are playing with a double edged knife on this one...

Shaving = Pimples

Not Shaving = Pimples

There is no winning on this one, it's starting to piss me off, I wanted to do the beard thing so many times but everytime it gets to a few days I start seeing breakouts and red dots in places I normaly don't get acne, so I start to panic and shave it off. Then when I shave, it makes it all irritated and worse.