Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OWNAGE101

Question about regimen

I want to start the Clear Skin Regimen. I am waiting for Dan's Cleanser to come in. I have Benzoyl Peroxide and Cetaphil already. But I was wondering if you are supposed to leave the BP and the moisturizer on your face the whole day after you apply it in the morning? My dermatologist told me to wash the BP off after 5-20 minutes of putting it on my face. I was just wondering if you're supposed to leave the BP and the moisturizer on and never wash it off the whole day. Thanks

-Chris

haha, no way, don't wash the BP off!! That's the essential thing to the regimen! I've never heard that before. In addition, they advise you to never, ever, ever rinse your face (even with just water) during the day- to use blotting sheets...The BP should stay on your face until night when you cleanse again and reapply...it kills the bacteria.

So when u apply the Bp in the morning, u gently massage it in and leave it on? Won't that turn your face white???

Yes I gently apply the BP in the morning. No, no problems with extra whiteness.....I use the full dosage of BP too because I've been using the stuff for years.

But in my case I use the Proactiv Repairing Lotion w/ 2.5% BP...Works wonders (one of the few Proactiv products that works) :lol: and goes on really well even with a finger-length of it. Which one do you use that causes whiteness?

This is Dan's instructions too if you don't believe me:

"Wait 5-15 minutes or so. You can do other things in the meantime. Do not wash BP off. "

Thanks for the help. But wouldn't this be an issue if you were going swimming or to the beach? I'm just not used to doing it this way because I've always washed it off and I've gotten pretty good results. I'll try this though and see how it works out. Thanks again.

Thanks for the help. But wouldn't this be an issue if you were going swimming or to the beach? I'm just not used to doing it this way because I've always washed it off and I've gotten pretty good results. I'll try this though and see how it works out. Thanks again.

What i do is when i'm home and no one is around i wear BP whenever i get the chance, when i leave the house i ALWAYS wash it off gently and apply moisterizer. I'll then do whatever, come back home and when i'm in for the night i put my BP back on, you want BP on your face as much as possible. When you're gone moisterize. It'll keep a good balance that way, unless you sit inside your house all day, you'll more than likely go out for half of your day and be in half of the night. So BP when you're at home, leave it on for as many hours as you can, then when you go somewhere just wash it off, put some moisterizer on and leave.

Washing it off is only going to add more irritation into the mix which is only going to result in more acne...plus if you use Dan's bp gel I dont know why you would have to wash it off considering it is impossible to see once it is on and absorbed.

Well, I'm on the swimming team at school and I had practices every day during the spring time so of course the BP would wash off, but I don't know something with the chlorine actually helped my acne. But if you're worried about the white-ness, maybe you should try another brand?? Some like the proactiv one actually go on nicely, without any trace of whiteness, because it's like lotion. Or maybe massage yours in more...