Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest papillon
i think my acne is very related to my hormones, are there any vitamins/supplements that i can take that can keep my hormones in place?

Hi. You "think" that your acne is related to hormones. If you think so, I recommend that you go see your family doctor and get a blood test done to verify this - ask your doctor, specifically, to check for hormonal imbalances. It's also good to ask your doctor to check your cholesterol levels and liver (these two are not related to acne, I believe, but good to check!) as well while you are there. I think you are in Canada just like I am - so the blood test is free. :D (If you already had it done and has been verified that your acne is hormonal, sorry for wasting your time!)

The blood test hurts a little bit and its scary to look at your doctor poke your vein with a LONG needle and drain blood into not one, not two, but THREE tubes, but you should get it done yearly with your other yearly check-ups.

shmelis, where can i get these hormonal contraceptives? do ya mean birth control?

papillon, i actually already had a blood test done 2 weeks ago, and went back to recieve my results this monday. my doctor said that my results look good and that i'm very healthy. i haven't asked her anything about my hormonal imbalences though? how can they tell if i have hormonal imbalance?

thanks =)

shmelis, where can i get these hormonal contraceptives? do ya mean birth control?

Yeah, that's what it is. You need a prescription, but you can get it from any doctor or at a clinic like Planned Parenthood. Yasmin, Orthotricyclen, and NuvaRing are ones I would ask about.

You asked about liverflushing in another thread.....liverflushing WILL balance out your hormones. Be sure to check out the link I gave you.

You asked about liverflushing in another thread.....liverflushing WILL balance out your hormones. Be sure to check out the link I gave you.

See my last post in the "if acne is caused by diet what about when women menstruate" thread. Liver is only one component in hormone regulation.

See my last post in the "if acne is caused by diet what about when women menstruate" thread. Liver is only one component in hormone regulation.

That's fine, but getting a bunch of cholesterol and junk out of the bile ducts balances hormones. I know, I've flushed all the gunk out and gotten rid of every single "hormonal imbalance" symptom.

Candida, and bowel congestion can cause problems too, but it's mostly the liver.