Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristin21

Ok so if diet affects acne. What about when women menstruate

SO what is the link between eating "healthy" and having a period. I break out all the time significantly a week before my period while eating the foods i usually eat.. Does diet help this as well?

Eating good foods and avoiding bad ones helps your liver. Your liver is what regulates hormones.

But liver flushing, on top of a good diet, is what really helped me with breakouts before my period... and breakouts in general...

Eating good foods and avoiding bad ones helps your liver. Your liver is what regulates hormones.

But liver flushing, on top of a good diet, is what really helped me with breakouts before my period... and breakouts in general...

Your liver does not regulate ALL hormones. Most organs produce at least one hormone... the pancreas, thyroid, ovaries, adrenal gland, pituitary gland, etc. Therefore though the liver flush may help with the liver and enhance its hormone production (and, by association, hormone production in other organs, namely kidneys, pancreas, and other organs and organ systems that are affected by the hormones the liver produces), your whole endocrine system needs to be working properly. In women, the ovaries are responsible for estrogen and the adrenal gland for androgens and testosterone. If your acne is related to your period, it is also probably related to estrogen, testosterone, and androgens.

Any advice on how to naturally regulate those? I know exercise and certain foods can help, but which ones? I prefer my horrifically unnatural homonal contraceptive, but I'm sure there are other ways. :)