Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prodigy

Cetaphil to Neutrogena Healthy Skin...

Hi,

Im about 3 weeks into the regimen, and it really is working for me :D

If I change my moisturizer from Cetaphil to Neutrogena Healthy Skin, what should I expect to happen from the AHA?

Will I break out? Will it make me red / or help my redness? will it help with the spots etc? Also, is there enough AHA in it?

Cheers in advance!

(EDIT:Is this the right stuff?)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-NEUTROGENA-HEALTHY...bayphotohosting

Yes that's the right moisturizer. People's skin reacts differently to products, but just keep in mind that the Neutrogena has 8% glycolic acid, which is pretty potent. It'll do a good job at clearing redmarks and flaking but you have to be careful. There's a very fine line between using too much and the right amount, and too much will actually cause your skin to dry out.

I'd just switch over in steps, starting from barely using any Neutrogena and mostly Cetaphil, and gradually increasing the amount. Good luck.

I also reccomend mixing the two. In fact, I think it is better than just using the Neutrogeena by itself. I would start off with a decent ammount of Cetaphil then a pump of the Neutrogena to see how you handle it. If a single pump is working out well then go ahead with two pumps. I think two pumps is the max I would reccomend needing. Also, I would do it only at night- especially at first.

So do I for example put 1 pump worth of Neutrogena on my face, then cover it in cetaphil? or the other way around....or do I mix both in my hands first?

Also, can I ask what will using this AHA help with? Just red marks or more?

I always mix it in my hand first, this just ensures I have enough of the neutrogena spread around evenly. I wouldnt be able to cover my face with just the two pumps of neutrogena. Plus, it burns much more to put the pure neutrogena directly on my skin when I am using bp. Most people say it helps with red marks and some people say it helps with acne as well. I would say a little bit of both. I find that if I apply a stronger AHA whenever I get a larger deeper pimple coming in that it can usually stop it before it ever comes up. The idea is that aha removes some dead skin which might help prevent dead skin mixing with sebum and thus plugging bored. I personally like to use aha once in awhile- it is personally too irritating for every day use...FOR ME. But everyone is different, I think it is certainly NOT a required element for getting clear on CSR