Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristin21

Does Startches like Bread Rice Pasta Cause acne?

Do these types of foods cause Acne. I keep reading all in moderation right, But what if that one time moderation makes you break out, Ive started eating rice everyday again... I still have my jaw line acne. Although people say its "hormonal" So why do you get hormonal acne if diet doesnt affect it? suggestions appreciated..

I always thought this too, until i went on a healthy eating trip for about 6 months which made no difference at all to my acne. I'd say that generally eating well and trying to avoid lots of junk food has to be good, but any more than that and i'm dubious.

Everyone is different though. If only there was one straight-foward cause of acne life would be so much simpler!

I don't think they do...unless you eat them in abundant amounts at the same time.

I posted a topic a while ago on blood sugar spikes and acne.

Hey. I have jaw line problems too... I have been looking around lately at people's faces, especially females in their 20s and have noticed that if they have pimples 95% of the time they are on the jaw line or around the mouth. I have been told it's hormones as well... but WTF? I never had this problem before... odd, there must be a batter explanation for this type of acne... it's so weird that almost all females in their 20s have acne along their jawlines.

I don't think they do...unless you eat them in abundant amounts at the same time.

I posted a topic a while ago on blood sugar spikes and acne.

Hey. I have jaw line problems too... I have been looking around lately at people's faces, especially females in their 20s and have noticed that if they have pimples 95% of the time they are on the jaw line or around the mouth. I have been told it's hormones as well... but WTF? I never had this problem before... odd, there must be a batter explanation for this type of acne... it's so weird that almost all females in their 20s have acne along their jawlines.

dont know...im not female and i get that when i eat starchy foods....never noticed this post said rice pasta earlier...im good with rice pasta....

Do these types of foods cause Acne. I keep reading all in moderation right, But what if that one time moderation makes you break out, Ive started eating rice everyday again... I still have my jaw line acne. Although people say its "hormonal" So why do you get hormonal acne if diet doesnt affect it? suggestions appreciated..

well i'm asian so i eat rice everyday. i thought it might be the reason why i broke out so much so i stopped eating rice for like a week or so. Which was SoOo hard! i love rice like a fat kid loves cake. :lol: i didn't see much of a difference i still broke out when i wasn't eating rice.

If you're allergic to those foods, sure it can. I was allergic to toxic black mold in my old apartment, so I wouldn't rule out anything.

I am allergic to peanuts and nuts, pork, ham and sausage really break me out on my neck and no where else.