Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrlife

almost 4 months post accutane

ok anyways i its almost 4 months post accutane.

I had sever cystic acne i took 20mg for 2 months and 40mg for 5 months.

1 month after i finished i got only a few really tiny whiteheads (i wouldn't even consider it real acne cuz it was so small) that would go away within a day. 2 months post i got like a couple whiteheads that was just lil bigger and actually felt like a real white head but was stil small. 3 months post tane same as the 2nd month.

Working the way into the 4th 1 got 1 zit that was acutally red ( not a cyst but a regulay sized pimple) and stil got some whiteheads. And now i feel another zit under my left cheek but its not visiable at all and not turning red.

Anyways yes the oil came back but its not as bad as it was b4 tane, it takes longer than normal to make my face greasy.

So my question to all u post taners is has this happen to yall and continued to get worse or is it just mild acne and try to keep maintenace?

my current regime and just using warm water.

edit: i'm goin fishin right now so ill be back in the evening to read comments. thanks

I hope that the fish were biting. Sounds like if it continues like this then it will be manageable and may even continue to improve. It's common for oil to return and to breakout some again. I think it is very important to have regular follow-up visit with your doctor after accutane so he can determine if a second course is needed. My child made the mistake of not doing this. As you know, some remain clear and some relapse and it's my opinion that doing a second course right away is the way to go if breakouts increase by the month. Not trying to scare you. You will probably be fine.

Im just starting my firs course but i would go back to the derm straight away so that you can arrange reg check ups over nxt couple of months and if you think its cont to get worse say that you would like another course - thats what ill do if it comes back after my first - good luck

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but my situation has been negative. Mine too started to come back. It started just like yours with little zits that easily popped and were gone, but now I've got full blown pimples on my jaw and chin area dominate. Sucks.

im about 5 months post

yes my oil has come back but not as bad as before...............I still breakout but.......i woudln't call one pimple a breakout

it's easily managenable only irritating thing is where I shave is where it appears

my regimen is just warm water currently

aldone

My derm already gave me an appointment for 6 months after im done to check up on me, so when 6 moths comes we'll see. he told me dotn wait until 6 motnhs if the break outs are coming back.

tiny

that sucks, im hoping that doesnt happen to me. how long did it take for it to get bad. and what was ur dosage and length

fuman

thats great except for the shaving part lol

aldone

My derm already gave me an appointment for 6 months after im done to check up on me, so when 6 moths comes we'll see. he told me dotn wait until 6 motnhs if the break outs are coming back.

tiny

that sucks, im hoping that doesnt happen to me. how long did it take for it to get bad. and what was ur dosage and length

fuman

thats great except for the shaving part lol

Well, I can't remember my dosage, it wasn't low or anything. It probably started getting bad I'd say around 4-5 months. It started with the little tiny zits, then here and there I'd get one that would "hurt" and now it's like full blown again, minus the ton of oil I used to have. I'm gonna have to go on round two id imagine.

I'm about six months off of 'tane, and I get the occasional tiny pimple, like the ones that go away in a day, but usually they're around my period.

My doc made me get on Tazorac cream .1% the day I stopped taking 'tane for maintenance. Plus, I'm on Yasmin BCP as well to control the hormonal aspect. SO far, this combo has kept me clear. I also have some oil back, but not even a trillionth as bad as it was before 'tane.

Maybe you could look into using some BP or switching up your routine to include an actual facial cleanser. Warm water alone may not be enough to cut it anymore now that your skin is normalizing again.