Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kuyt

Dr Chu

does doctor Chu only do package deals. I searched him on this website and everyone that has been to him has had 3 or 4 different treatments done. i only want to have subscion done on one scar, will he do this. Could someone also give me his REAL number as the ones i have found never work.

Sorry I have no answer for your questions as I'm trying to find some contact details too. I'd like to know if he does pulsed dye laser treatment. I'll be on the look out! Please let me know if you do get a number.

-CityChic-

I dont think he does package deals as such, he just thinks that a combination of treatments for different scars works best, thats how it works :)

He did do a sort of 'package' deal when i had isolagen. The consultation fee, subscion and n-lite were all included in my isolagen cost. But then again, it was hellova expensive proceedure.

Regardless his costs are way WAY lower then your average p.s.

So bonus is..your in great hands..plus you pay less!

Cal the hospital and ask to be forwarded to his private secretary(private patient equiries only):

Dr Chu

Hammersmith Hospital

Sainsbury Wing

Du Cane Road

London W12 0HS

Appointments: +44 20 8383 1398

You will need to have your doctor refer you wither it be for a private or nhs appointment. If you want to go via nhs then you will need to talk to your doctor in order for them to agree a referal.

Thanks! How come you need a referal from your doctor ? Mine is a complete prick who said there was nothing i could do about my scarring and probably won't give me a referral.

Get yourself a dif doc!! He sounds horrible.

Um..u could try calling and getting the appointment regardless, its just what i was informed to do. Im only going on personal experience, but you may not need that referal (?).

I figured its that because it is a hospital you need the refer for their records plus i though maybe they need to know ur of sound mind to be going ahead with scar revision or something..who knows lol?

I suggest bypassing the doc thing for now, calling them up and leaving you details and let them tell you what you need to do. Easiest solution heh. :)

The number does'nt work for me, i took the +44 out (as i live in Manchester) and it said sorry there is not a recognised number, i then tried: 012083831398 and 0283831398 and it said the same, are you sure this number is still active?

OH yeah! I got through and he's booked up privately until December! Is there anyone else in England, i'm desperate to have something done. I found a doctor called: Dr Rita Rakus in Knightsbridge, she only does Fraxel and from the pictures, she looks like she is conning people, can anyone recomended someone else.

Pff.. Did you get any type of leaflet or brochure for the treatments that he does because his reception staff don't seem to know much.

When I first called up a lady told me he does laser treatment for hypertrophic scarring. I wasn't convinced she knew what I was asking for so I called again and another lady answered. She said the only lasers he does are N-Lite and the hair removal laser. I don't want to waste my time getting an appointment for December only to find out he can't help me.

Do you know what lasers or treatments he does?

I'm a little disapointed that they weren't all that clued up.

Dr.Chu doesnt seem to be an advocate of lasers thus does not use them (to my knowledge he does only uses the lasers you mentioned).

Hammersmith Hospital is a huge place and its not like a cosmetic surgery, its just a proper hospital that has a great derm on its team. No leaflets or brochures are supplied.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for. If you see Dr.Chu he will give you his opinion based on what he can offer and/or poss give you a recommendation for someone that can do the proceedure you want. He may suggest that laser is not the route to go down. But, if your heart is set on pulse-dye laser then he isnt the man for you.

------------------------

Kuyt, the only thing i know about Rita Rakus is from magazine articles as she is dubbed "the lip queen". Shes also appeared on several tv shows..i think she was on This Morning or something, but dont know for sure.

Im not sure who else to recommend because after researching I only wanted Dr.Chu so i waited to get him. I considered at the time that id lived with scars up till now, so i can put up with waiting a bit longer in order to see who i considered was the best person to see. If i had had to wait 5 months and had time to wait i would have.

Luckily because I was having isolagen he could squeeze me in earlier for the biopsy, but of course there was still a wait to see him before hand and a further wait while the fiboblasts were being cultured.

Thanks for the answer pff..., i probably wil wait, i've got in touch with Bupa just in case though as they seem to do subscion as well. Is Dr Chu the best surgeon in England?

Thanks Pff.. yeah I've lived in London my entire life so I've been to Hammersmith Hosptal a few times (right next to the prison, lovely :rolleyes: ) I was just wondering because he does his treatments privately and not on the NHS he might have a leaflet or two.

Anyways I'll probably get an appointment with him and see what he can advise I do. I'm seeing my normal derm at the end of the month so all opinions are better than none.

Kuyt, Dr Chu seems to be the British equivalent of Dr Yarborough in the US. I've not heard any doctors name mentioned as much as his in the UK.

I'm thinking of getting an appointment with Dr Chu now. I e-mailed Bupa and this is what they said:

Thank you for your enquiry. The surgical scar revision is for medium to large scars and would not be effective on acne scars. Resurfacing of the skin through dermabrasion and chemical peels are the procedures that are used to treat acne scarring.

Sorry that we could not be of any further assistance to you.

I can't believe a hospital the size of Bupa only does these treatments, which are completely ineffective if your scars are past the first dermis, which mine are.

Thanks Pff.. yeah I've lived in London my entire life so I've been to Hammersmith Hosptal a few times (right next to the prison, lovely :rolleyes: )

lol i know! When I first went to the hospital and passed the prison, i thought to myself "omg wormwood scrubs..this is a bad omen" XD. But of course all was ok.

Kuyt, Dr Chu seems to be the British equivalent of Dr Yarborough in the US. I've not heard any doctors name mentioned as much as his in the UK.

Totally.

Kuyt I know its such a pain to wait, but all points towards Dr.Chu as being one of the best derms not just nationally but internationally. He has patients from all over the world fly to see him. He also travels a lot and does international talks/attends seminars etc, so hes on the ball. Sometimes its worth holding out for the best you can get. I didnt want someone messing with my skin that i didnt have complete faith in. I learned that after having c02. Even if you seek advice elsewhere, it may be worth getting an appointment just to hear what he has to say. His consultations are on the expensive side, but his treatments are not.

gl guys.

I think it was £175. :S

Call to double check.

If you find out the cost can you post it, because ppl ask me a lot and i forget (it was included in my total bill for isolagen so cannot remember because i was light headed with the amount of moolah coming out of my account to pay for it all! :o )