Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
agru

AHA: How much Neutrogena Healthy Skin to use?

I've been on the regimen for 1-2 weeks now (washing with Cetaphil, using the 2.5%bp gel, and moisturizing) and it seems to be working for the most part. No new papules and pastules have formed and they seem to be under control and dying down. Whiteheads look like they're more exposed now (I guess they're draining?).

I decided to start using an AHA lotion, Neutrogena Healthy Skin (Sensitive Skin at night and w/SPF 15 during the day), and I was wondering how much lotion I should be using. The recommended amount according to the packaging is 2 pumps, but it doesn't seem nearly close to the amount of moisturizer it took to moisturize my face with Nivea for Men Sensitive Skin.

Also, I don't really feel like burning from this AHA lotion that I have heard about. Using moisturizers after applying the bp stage felt like it burned more than with this. Can anyone explain?

Thanks!

use enought to moisturise your face so you dont get the tightness.

use dans reccomended amount to starg off with then increase or decrease the amount depending on your preferance

:)

I would start out with one pump for the first week. As those directions on the bottle are for the average user who probably isn't putting it over top bp. So, for now try one pump, and if that goes okay but you need more moisture try going to two pumps and see how that does. I never need to use more than two.

if you need more moisturizer, then mix it with a non-medicated one. Put one or 2 pumps mixed with something else if you need more.

maybe you should just try using it once per day, either morning or night, at first and then once your skin adjusts/you can gauge the reaction you can work up to using it twice a day.

i got a little over-zealous in the application the first day or two i used it (neutrogena healthy skin w spf15) and my skin paid the price. it was flakey and dry.. and not very happy.

im using it once a day now and things seem much better now.

Start off with the 2 pumps. If your skin can handle it then move up to 3 or more pumps. Currently, I use 5 pumps.

I use 2 pumps once a day mainly because I'm trying to conserve it as much as possible but also because too much exfoliation can cause you to breakout.

I usually just do one pump per hand so that I get an equal amount on each side of my face.

Yes, I really reccomend using no more than two pumps. I just mix the moisturizer with another one (non medicated and gentle) The combination words very well and I find it to be not too irritating at all.