Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Theres a very helpful thread on the technical side that wheat or gluten has on the body. This thread however is just for personal experiences. How does wheat affect your skin?

I use to eat bread/pasta all the time I love it. I cant tell if affected me or not but as soon as I came to these boards and saw how everyone kept going on how bad wheat/gluten is I dropped all wheat from my diet just to make sure!

I use to eat bread/pasta all the time I love it. I cant tell if affected me or not but as soon as I came to these boards and saw how everyone kept going on how bad wheat/gluten is I dropped all wheat from my diet just to make sure!

same....shit i miss my bagels and breads but i dont miss my acne

Breaks me out the worst. I'm starting to adjust to wheat-free / gluten free and I've even been able to eat some of the things I once missed... The other day I made rice pancakes that were tasty, I got some brown rice bread in the past but it takes a little getting used to, I've been using quinoa and Bob's Red Mills GF Hot Cereal for breakfast... I've been eating quinoa pasta, and brown rice a lot too. Just got some amaranth, there's another GF grain... With a little persistance you can get used to it. I may try making some GF bread soon as well, with like rice and quinoa flour or something...

Theres a very helpful thread on the technical side that wheat or gluten has on the body. This thread however is just for personal experiences. How does wheat affect your skin?

i love bread and pasa it has never affected my skin in fact nothing i have ever eaten has had an affaect on my skin.

I'm pretty certain that gluten is what gives me big painful pimples on my back -- not my face for some reason. Even if the gluten grains are sprouted.

I don't have a problem with oats, however.

I want to note that it takes 6 months for gluten to clear your body.

However if in 3 months you don't see improvement, it's best to assume gluten does not cause acne.

I want to note that it takes 6 months for gluten to clear your body.

However if in 3 months you don't see improvement, it's best to assume gluten does not cause acne.

This is true. Also, it takes a year to get rid of all the casein from dairy.

I bet bowel cleansing / P&B shakes speed it up a lot though.

It makes sense doesn't it? Increase your fiber, take detoxifying clay, get rid of sticky, gluey things like gluten and casein faster.

i love bread and pasa it has never affected my skin in fact nothing i have ever eaten has had an affaect on my skin.

Ditto. No affect with me either.

This is true. Also, it takes a year to get rid of all the casein from dairy.

I bet bowel cleansing / P&B shakes speed it up a lot though.

It makes sense doesn't it? Increase your fiber, take detoxifying clay, get rid of sticky, gluey things like gluten and casein faster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluten-free%2C_casein-free_diet <- According to this, it takes 1 month to eliminate casein.

How long it takes to eliminate whey? I don't know. But I've embarked on a dairy inclusive diet though.

I have a question.. Oats, corn maize and white rice.. are these ok to eat if your suseptible to acne?

Double ditto. I eat what I want and what I need to to stay healthy. Granted, I don't have a high-carb diet... but I don't abstain from any food groups. Diet's not a trigger for me at all... for me it's stress and bad sleep/exercise habits.

Double ditto. I eat what I want and what I need to to stay healthy. Granted, I don't have a high-carb diet... but I don't abstain from any food groups. Diet's not a trigger for me at all... for me it's stress and bad sleep/exercise habits.

YOU STRESS YOURSELF :doubt:

man......i cleared my face with diet .....used to have the oiliest skin and cysts and shit like that....changed what i ate cleared up and thought my skin stopped being oily on its own ...but had about 3 big bowls of pasta yesterday.....woke up half an hour ago with such a damn greasy face.......no acne yet but figure thats gona come with the grease sooner than later.....pretty shocked by this cause didnt know my oily skin was due to diet too....crazy shit...wouldnt believe it if it wasnt happening to myself

i wonder why the hell that is?

man......i cleared my face with diet .....used to have the oiliest skin and cysts and shit like that....changed what i ate cleared up and thought my skin stopped being oily on its own ...but had about 3 big bowls of pasta yesterday.....woke up half an hour ago with such a damn greasy face.......no acne yet but figure thats gona come with the grease sooner than later.....pretty shocked by this cause didnt know my oily skin was due to diet too....crazy shit...wouldnt believe it if it wasnt happening to myself

i wonder why the hell that is?

I suppose it could have been the gluten/wheat, but do you know if there was hydrogenated oil in the sauce?

Or maybe it's not the pasta but the amount of it that you ate. Too much of anything puts a big stress on your body.

duno im 6' and round 175-180 lbs and i eat a lot normally...just not carbs like that...but could be...who knows.....