Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I can't tell if applying more BP to break outs is hurting or helping my progress. I'm on day 11 of the routine, and just had a massive breakout in the areas that I've been treating. One zit multiplied into three, despite washing, moisturizing and applying BP. What's going on? Is the BP helping or hurting the zits?

Morning - Wash with neutrogena gentle face wash, apply BP cream, moisturize with Clean and Clear Dual action moisturizer, apply non-everything dermo approved make-up.

Night - Same thing, no make-up, spot treatment applied to "underground" cysts that are waiting to pop-up.

I'm currently traveling abroad, which might have brought on this new break-out. It's hard for me to get new products, so I'm wondering if I should wait until I return to the states to start back up again.

Thanks,

[email protected]

Describe you reigimen to us so we can see what you are doing.

I should also add that i am forced to use a 10% BP cream because it's the only thing I could find after countless hours of searching. I hope this is just the 2 week "breakout" stage. I am also on a low-dose birth control pill.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

You may want to consider changing your face wash, as I know a lot of people have problems with neutrogena products. I also personally find that Clean and Clear products break me out quite badly. It won't be the BP that is multiplying your spots. BP will kill them. Keep up the BP, but have a look round for another face wash and moisturiser, see what this board suggests.

I am pretty sure that where you are staying right now because I live in Colorado and its very hot and dry and really damage my skin and then I went to like Canada I broke OUT and I am still breaking out cause of traveling and that was a month ago...