Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AccutaneGrl

mac make up help

hey everyone. this is sorta OT cuz it doesnt really have anything to do with acne. it is just a make up question. i am horrible with make up, but i have a lot of it! my problem is i dont know what to do with it all. i was wondering if anyone knows a lot about mac and make up in general that can suggest some nice combinations between the colors i have. and which color goes where? heres the eyeshadows i have:

satin taupe

humid

juxt

sushi flower

shroom

hush

haux

shale

honesty

naked lunch

retrospeck

mulch

swiss chocolate

embark

trax

and these r my eyeliners:

teddy

prunella

bordeauxline

sorry if this is too much to ask...im just in desperate need of some help!! thanks so much!

Hi, I love MAC makeup too but don't have half as much colours as you so I really wouldn't know what to combine. However I've found Make Up Alley http://www.makeupalley.com/ to be an invaluable resource.

Just register, go to the reviews section, select the brand, category of makeup and type in the colour and it should bring up user reviews. A lot of the women (and men, I suppose!) say what colours they combine.

For satin taupe alone there are 175 reviews, some like to mix it with pinks and some browns and olives.

Hope this helps, I love that site personally. :dance:

hey everyone. this is sorta OT cuz it doesnt really have anything to do with acne. it is just a make up question. i am horrible with make up, but i have a lot of it! my problem is i dont know what to do with it all. i was wondering if anyone knows a lot about mac and make up in general that can suggest some nice combinations between the colors i have. and which color goes where? heres the eyeshadows i have:

satin taupe

humid

juxt

sushi flower

shroom

hush

haux

shale

honesty

naked lunch

retrospeck

mulch

swiss chocolate

embark

trax

and these r my eyeliners:

teddy

prunella

bordeauxline

sorry if this is too much to ask...im just in desperate need of some help!! thanks so much!

Go HERE for everything MAC-related. When you register, you'll have access to a section called "FOTD" (Face Of The Day) where you can see pics of makeup/eyeshadow applications and everyone usually lists the colors that they use.

Usually i go to bodyshop to get my eyeshadows because some of them already come with matching colours. like you can purchase one eyeshadow with four colours in it that all match its pretty cool. So i suggest you walk into body shop and see if they have some of the colours you have at home and see how they match it. :D