Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Something you use on the outside of your skin is never going to be as effective as something you use on the inside. If you take something orally, it is going to sort out the problem from the inside. Using it as a topical has limited effect as it can only treat the problem on the surface, so sebum etc will still be attacking you from the inside. I haven't used it myself yet, but I will be doing, so I cannot tell you how effective it will be.

Isotrex the brand name has not been approved by the FDA yet hence it is not lisenced for use in the USA. In the UK it has a license and is available on the NHS.

I have used Isotrex before in 3rd year of University when I had really bad acne. Worked in 4 weeks and the acne was gone by week 8. However it is in a alcohol base gel and together with the isotretinoin really dried your skin and irritated it so I looked like hell for weeks. Also being a gel it peels and it not a good look.

Apparantly isotretinoin applied topically is converted to tretinoin by the enzymes in your skin so loses its ability to shrink your oil glands. So in essence it acts like normal Retin-A.