Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sanchez

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Clogging Pores

Ive been using neutrogena healthy skin (non-spf night version)for a week now and each day I arise with more breakouts and clogged pores. I started using this stuff to fade red marks and if anything as of right now my red marks look worse than before. Is this just an initial stage or does this stuff just not work well for some people?

When I first started using, it I broke out so I stopped for awhile. I continued on it and haven't brokeout really. I am not sure whether different people react differently on it. I would say give it a try a little while longer and if you still get breakouts then it might be the moisturizer. It says that it is oil free and doesn't clog pores but you really just have to see for yourself.

it should not be clogging your pores, but AHA's can cause an initial breakout upon using, as they are exfoliating your skin. Hang in there with it, it should get better.

it should not be clogging your pores, but AHA's can cause an initial breakout upon using, as they are exfoliating your skin. Hang in there with it, it should get better.

:doh:

I wish I had read this thread earlier. I am sitting here crying, yes, crying b/c I got a flat cyst on my neck got huge within a couple of days of using this. I'm thinking that the AHA's aggravated it, even though I only used a bit.....

CRAP-- I have a job interview in two days. NICE :wall:

I had a similar experience, but the Health Skin stuff is great once you get out of the jungle on that. You bring too much junk to the surface that your skin freaks out. I had redness and other nonsense to deal with for a week or two, but I love the stuff now.

I STRONGLY recommend the product to anyone on the CSR... or anyone at all for that matter. It is like the BP. Can cause initial breakouts, but is typically well worth it once your skin gets better.