Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I dont know how to say this but here it goes.

I have had acne for 6 years of my life living hasnt been very great. I had gotten a job to get out of the house and to meet some people. That has been good made friends but there is this girl at work that i really like and yes she does have acne like me i guess when im with her i can really be free. I dont have to be worried about the way i look.(well skin wise) We talk and joke around and she hugs me every day till today she gave me a letter which read that she likes me more than a friend. Honestly i would give anything to be her boyfriend its just that she lives too far away from me, and i dont have vehicle to go any where, i still rely on my parents for transportation. It can never happen and it hurts me quite a bit. Im looking for advice here on what to do i have her phone number although havent had good time to call without measly parents around. I know its stupid but i have no one else to talk to but you guys. I d appreciate any advice :doubt::confused::(:(:wall::wall:

You live too far away...but, you work at the same place? Can you...meet somewhere in the middle? Take in a movie, grab lunch, or something...? Does she have a car, or, do you think either of you would have transportation of your own in the near future? Hmm. Well, I imagine you'd at least see her at work, I guess. Whatever the outcome, don't forget to explain that you like her too, she'd be flattered, I'm sure. ;)

you could ride a bike over to her house or take a bus, but if you like her dont miss out

on a chance to be with her and call her asap.

i think it would help also if we knew how old you are. Seeing as you are still relying on ur parents for transportation i can't imagine you are more than 17 and if this girl really likes you like you says she does then soemthing as little as 30 minute distance shouldn't coem between you two. post more i want updates boy lol

how old are you?

if youre liek 14, than you cant really use the family car.

and alot of suburbia doesnt have any public transportation.

soo, I dont know. How do you have relationships prior to driving? I never really had a girlfriend younger than that.

I dont know how to say this but here it goes.

I have had acne for 6 years of my life living hasnt been very great. I had gotten a job to get out of the house and to meet some people. That has been good made friends but there is this girl at work that i really like and yes she does have acne like me i guess when im with her i can really be free. I dont have to be worried about the way i look.(well skin wise) We talk and joke around and she hugs me every day till today she gave me a letter which read that she likes me more than a friend. Honestly i would give anything to be her boyfriend its just that she lives too far away from me, and i dont have vehicle to go any where, i still rely on my parents for transportation. It can never happen and it hurts me quite a bit. Im looking for advice here on what to do i have her phone number although havent had good time to call without measly parents around. I know its stupid but i have no one else to talk to but you guys. I d appreciate any advice :doubt::confused::(:(:wall::wall:

well...put it this way imagine how she would would feel if you were to turn her down. It seems like she really likes you so i'm sure she'd be pretty hurt if you told her you couldn't be with her. maybe if you told her your situation she'd understand and maybe try to help you work sumthing out that way you two can see eachother. And if she does do that then you'll know she REALLY likes you.

hi, a sweet story, but you sound like a pussy. stop using the distance as an excuse and get together :)

thnx for the replies every one

well ill see her tomorrow at work tomorrow and the rest of the weekend she will be out of town. I am just a kid only 16 ill try call her later tonight just got to figure out what to say. my parents have their own problems plus the fact they dont like me very much, so i doubt they will take me any where, but im going to try and explain to her how i feel. Im planing to get a vehicle but wont be for a few months. Dont have much time to spare right now talk to you later.

ps. lol polka dots

Guest UglyassmofoII

MAke it happen you idiot

Dont tell her how u feel, thats always a stupid thing to do. How far away from u does she live? Can u handle the distance? Just play it cool with her, make her laugh and keep ur hands to urself when ur out on a date with her. Let her do the touching . Keep the conversation light, positive, and funny. Dont go into any heavy subjects, dont talk about negative (i.e: dont talk about ur acne or how much it bothers u). If she asks u if ur seeing anyone else just smile and say "not that many" . Go with the flow and diffuse any questions she has for u with humor. Give her a call (u should be waiting 5 days minimum to call whenever u get a girls number). U want her to think every girl in town is after u. So that's what u wanna do. So phone her iun a couple of days and ask her out for a date (go play pool or mini golf). And always keep it light and funny. And remember, you want HER to be chasing YOU, not the other way around.

Good Luck.

Dont tell her how u feel, thats always a stupid thing to do. How far away from u does she live? Can u handle the distance? Just play it cool with her, make her laugh and keep ur hands to urself when ur out on a date with her. Let her do the touching . Keep the conversation light, positive, and funny. Dont go into any heavy subjects, dont talk about negative (i.e: dont talk about ur acne or how much it bothers u). If she asks u if ur seeing anyone else just smile and say "not that many" . Go with the flow and diffuse any questions she has for u with humor. Give her a call (u should be waiting 5 days minimum to call whenever u get a girls number). U want her to think every girl in town is after u. So that's what u wanna do. So phone her iun a couple of days and ask her out for a date (go play pool or mini golf). And always keep it light and funny. And remember, you want HER to be chasing YOU, not the other way around.

Good Luck.

Coming from a woman; do not listen to anything Rob says.

You sound like you're young - so have fun! Its not like you are committing yourself to marriage by calling her... If you work with her, I would guess she knows you don't have a vehicle - so she knows what 'shes getting herself into'.

Just go with the flow and see what happens :) You already know that she likes you, so what are you waiting for?

Good luck!

~Becca

haha :lol: i was waiting for a chick to come out with something like that.

i'd like to correct that comment and say rob is totally right (and not just because i am a guy :D ) but be careful you dont play the 'hard to get' angle too much.. maybe somewhere in the middle. you dont wanna act too uninterested or else shes gonna be thinking you dont really have feelings for her or just stringing her along waiting on someone better etc. 5 days is too long imo ("play hard to get and you wont get got").

and do give your parents a try (im sure they would be happy to know you are interested in going out with this girl) maybe they can drop you somewhere or whatever, at your age its totally cool to be ferried around by your parents, so dont feel bad about that. life is hard in the burbs without wheels.

but yeah basically rob is completely right. also make an effort not to come off as weak or open up too much too soon with this chick about acne etc etc (just as rob says). you want a girl to think you are hot not sweet there is a big difference. one leads to getting your cock wet, the other leads to becoming a cuddle-bitch or being hit with a 'ljbf'. so act relaxed and confident even if you dont feel it.. but obviously your doing fine so far and she likes you so just roll with it and like her back. young love is so simple :D

Good Luck.

There's a word for people like that. They're called "Assholes" :rolleyes:

yes-i couldn't have put it in better words myself :rolleyes:

hey man cheer up i got ditched by the same chick 2 nights in a row and then the next day she apologizes, asks me why we never hang out and and i'm just being like w/e cause you dont' answer ur phone and ditch me. w/e not worth getting angry over but i'm lonely at the moment

haha :lol: i was waiting for a chick to come out with something like that.

i'd like to correct that comment and say rob is totally right (and not just because i am a guy :D ) but be careful you dont play the 'hard to get' angle too much.. maybe somewhere in the middle. you dont wanna act too uninterested or else shes gonna be thinking you dont really have feelings for her or just stringing her along waiting on someone better etc. 5 days is too long imo ("play hard to get and you wont get got").

and do give your parents a try (im sure they would be happy to know you are interested in going out with this girl) maybe they can drop you somewhere or whatever, at your age its totally cool to be ferried around by your parents, so dont feel bad about that. life is hard in the burbs without wheels.

but yeah basically rob is completely right. also make an effort not to come off as weak or open up too much too soon with this chick about acne etc etc (just as rob says). you want a girl to think you are hot not sweet there is a big difference. one leads to getting your cock wet, the other leads to becoming a cuddle-bitch or being hit with a 'ljbf'. so act relaxed and confident even if you dont feel it.. but obviously your doing fine so far and she likes you so just roll with it and like her back. young love is so simple :D

i totally agree with most of what Rob and Rodd. Those are pretty much good advices for guys. HOWEVER, we have to realize this dude is only 16...lets not overload him with so much advices or he might over think things and screw up :D .

basically, just play it cool like what you have been doing along and just have FUN. show the gal you really care for her (it is never bad to compliment a girl), keep the conversations lite, and don't go all mushy. and the one most IMPORTANT thing to do is make her laugh. girls really dig guys that can make them laugh cuz it shows them the dude has personality. in the end, if you can make her laugh and she's constantly complimenting you, you're pretty much golden.

personally, i would choose mini golf or bowling for first date. stay clear away from movies (boring, waste of time, and you can't communicate with the gal). if you're really comfortable with her by the end of day, you can take her on a stroll around a lake (if you have one) at night. just remember, don't be all over her unless she initiates it first :lol:

good luck man and update us on how it goes :dance:

The following is a list of just a few things that I have learned from my 20 years of existance on this planet:

1) Live life to the fullest. Try new things even if it means you have to leave your comfort zone. Enjoy yourself

2) There is always a positive in a negative. You just have to find it.

3) Confidence is contagious. It doesn't start with other people, it starts with you. Be confident and other people will pick up on it and react positively.

4) When it comes to your peers (especially with teenagers), most kids act differently one-on-one as opposed to while in a group of their friends. Remember, if someone makes fun of you for something like acne or apperance, they're not worth your time in the first place. Be around people that like you for who you are on the inside.

When it comes to this issue, I'd suggest what everyone said - act on it. If you don't, you'll spend a long time wondering what could have happened.

If she says yes, congrats! That's good.

If she says no, it might make you feel bad, but in the end, it shouldn't. That's life, and it happens. Much like acne, rejection is a hurdle that we must all overcome, and it ends up being a learning experience. Although, much like acne, rejection isn't wanted in life, but it's there anyway, so we have to take it in stride.

Good luck, man. Keep us posted.