Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am new here but an oldie to methods of reducing acne scars. I had dermabrasion in my 20's which made my condition even worse. I also have 2 skull pin scars from wearing a halo caused by a broken neck. I have been to 2 plastic surgeons since my 20's. I am scheduled to receive a punch excision on my skull pin scars and 1 horrible scar on my check.I have used dermablend to correct many of my ice pick scars in attempt to conceal. The plastic surgeon told me that this would probably be the best procedure that would be most effective. My scars are very deep and lasers and peels won't work. I have lived most of my life with a face ridden with scars and now I have finally decided that I am not going to live out the rest of my life with them. Most women my age (48) worry about wrinkles! Anyway, the procedure is scheduled for Aug 1 and I will be happy to share my new experience of ridding scars . I am optimistic as my plastic surgeon has also struggled with cystic acne. The cost is reasonable. My advice to anyone who is suffering with scars is to go to a board certified plastic surgeon. The procedures all vary with the specific type of scars.