Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Uhh... well both my parents had moderate-severe acne as teens and young adults... my mom still gets a pimple now and then and she's past menopause. and i have acne, and so does my brother...

yup. for a lot of people, it is.

I believe it's genetic to a very large degree. My mother and grandmother both had moderate acne for an extensive period of time when they were younger. As a result, all 4 of my mother's children have had moderate to severe acne at some point in their lives; mine having lasted the longest and still current, unfortunately. Out of all of my mother's children, mine has also been the severest case - lucky me. My father, on the other hand, has had beautiful, clear, healthy, glowing skin his entire life. For that, I'm jealous.

The only one in my family that has acne as bad as mine is my aunt from my mom's side. My mom on the other hand has gorgeous blemish free skin.

my father had and still has bad skin, used to have acne has a teen, and has bad skin now.

my mother didnt have bad skin, she has nice normal skin, but obviously gets an odd pimple a month.

my father didnt use any topicals or oral medicine when he was yonger, thast why he has scars, indentations now.

i guess i wanted to get my acne under control due to kowing what i may look like when im older.

From what I can tell my parents never had acne anything other than the standard teenage skin. I am abit of a genetic oddball in direct observational ways towards my family, my father and both grandfather have full heads on hair and im losing mine at 22 and i have had relativly bad acne. I also hit puberty very young, and am amusingly hairy in comparision. However its all connected, dht/andogen receptor sites. Remembering that such things are genetic is important, it gives you distance. We place far to much selfworth in things which are implicitly out of our control/responsibilty. Interested to know for those who parents had acne at what point it did clear.

yes it is genetic I believe science has shown that, but its not always the case. No one in my family looks or ever looked like a burn victim.