Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

how long does it take for a pimple to form? a week or two? or am i able to tell if a product works or doesn't work from two or three days of using it?

i just started using a new cleanser a few days ago and notice small pimples, ones unlike the ones i usually get. are these pimples from a week ago or are they forming because of the cleanser?

how long does it take for a pimple to form? a week or two? or am i able to tell if a product works or doesn't work from two or three days of using it?

i just started using a new cleanser a few days ago and notice small pimples, ones unlike the ones i usually get. are these pimples from a week ago or are they forming because of the cleanser?

To answer your first question, more than a couple days and less than a month to form, but I think some things can aggravate skin and make them "come out" faster.

If when you stop using the cleanser your skin improves really quickly, you might just be irritated by the cleanser. What cleanser were you using and what did you switch to?

To answer your first question, more than a couple days and less than a month to form, but I think some things can aggravate skin and make them "come out" faster.

If when you stop using the cleanser your skin improves really quickly, you might just be irritated by the cleanser. What cleanser were you using and what did you switch to?

i was using plain white dove soap, and switched to kiehl's non-detergent washable cleanser. my pimples are going away, but new ones (ones that aren't like the ones i used to be getting) are forming just as fast. i don't know if it's too soon to say it's the cleanser or not.

i was using plain white dove soap, and switched to kiehl's non-detergent washable cleanser. my pimples are going away, but new ones (ones that aren't like the ones i used to be getting) are forming just as fast. i don't know if it's too soon to say it's the cleanser or not.

I'm not familiar with that product, what's in it?

I'm not familiar with that product, what's in it?

the ingredients in it are as follows:

water, sodium c14-16 olefin sulfonate, sodium chloride, cocamidopropyl betaine, peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate, polysorbate 20, phenoxyethanol, glycerin, glycol stearate, methylparaben, honey, apricot kernel oil, avocado oil, wheat germ oil.

what's your take on it?

i was always told that it can take a pimple up to 8-12 weeks to form, which is why when you try new regimens and antibiotics, you should try them for at least that long before you write them off as "non-working solutions." which is why it's kinda funny when people try new things on this site, then post that they've been perfectly clear or only had one breakout since they changed their diet, topicals, and lifestyle 3 days ago. I can understand the excitement of working up the nerve to try something new and following through with it, but ya gotta be patient.

do they really take that long to form? WEEKS? every time i smoke pot I find that my skin worsens (even if I just smoke once) then I lay off for like 3-4 weeks and my skin seems to clear up pretty well. But whenever I smoke i feel like withing 2-3 days of doing so my skin is starting to get bad. Is this a total coincidence? Is it really improbable that the smoking has caused the breakout within a couple of days??

do they really take that long to form? WEEKS? every time i smoke pot I find that my skin worsens (even if I just smoke once) then I lay off for like 3-4 weeks and my skin seems to clear up pretty well. But whenever I smoke i feel like withing 2-3 days of doing so my skin is starting to get bad. Is this a total coincidence? Is it really improbable that the smoking has caused the breakout within a couple of days??

I dunno about the smoke, but some pimples can take weeks to form and i suppose some can take only a few days.

the ingredients in it are as follows:

water, sodium c14-16 olefin sulfonate, sodium chloride, cocamidopropyl betaine, peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate, polysorbate 20, phenoxyethanol, glycerin, glycol stearate, methylparaben, honey, apricot kernel oil, avocado oil, wheat germ oil.

what's your take on it?

Hmm... well the product contains oils, which are typically not good to put on your skin if you are acne-prone. I'm not an expert on whether any of the ingredients are comedogenic, though.