Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sickunt

Verdict on accutane and close comedo?

Howdy everyone,

I have already had a search for info on this but nobody really has a deffinite answer, What does accutane do for closed comedo. I have about 30 of these scattered around the place, you can't see them unless you look really close up but they are still annoying cause when u turn my head to the side in light you can see em. Does accutane get rid of these or what?

closed comedo is kind of a blackhead though isnt it? has anyone had any luck getting rid of closed comedones with accutane?

I had those scattered all over my face too when initially starting accutane. in my case they took about 2 months to clear (although not fully, but MUCH better in the 3rd month than the first). I hope it clears sooner for you.

I also have them. I am at about 1.5 months and some of them are starting to open up and sort of look like blackheads.

And, my blackheads are gone, so it cleared mine up!

beentheredonethat,

did you stay on the Yasmin while on the Accutane?

whats yasmin??? is that an anti depressant?

I didnt even know i had these whiteheads (closed comedos) until after the inflammatory acne went away. But the whiteheads turned angry and went away. I am almost in month 3 and i still have a couple of these bumps here and there and some are just now popping up but for the most part they are going away. Also a blackhead is a closed comedo and accutane brough these all out on my nose only (before accutane i never noticed them) but now they are gone and im guessing thats a good thing huh?

Yah i thnk accutane clears all acne but its best at the big stuff!

beentheredonethat,

did you stay on the Yasmin while on the Accutane?

whats yasmin??? is that an anti depressant?

Yasmin is a brand of birth control