Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hoku

Dickinson's Witch Hazel Astringent

I've been using different toners, and was either impressed or horrified by their results. I've tried Biore, Avon, Garnier, Proactiv, ~H2O+, Neutrogena... the list goes on. They were either too harsh (Biore, Neutrogena, Avon), expensive (~H2O+, Proactiv) or just generally "ok" (Garnier).

Then I decided to try using Dickinson's Witch Hazel Astringent; I received a free 60 mL bottle with my cotton balls I bought from Wal-Mart. At first it just sat in my closet, because of the alcohol content; I thought that the alcohol (14%) would dry out my skin because every other toner I've tried with alcohol did. But I am finding that alcohol-free toners, while they are gentle, also don't do a whole lot for my skin.

Dickinson's Witch Hazel is amazing! It doesn't dry out my skin, at all, and it somehow manages to control shine and oil-production... while still making my skin soft and smooth! I used to always have these little bumps on my chin, but after a few days of using Witch Hazel, my skin, all of it, is SMOOOOOTH.

I have combo/oily skin in the summer and normal/combo skin during the rest of the year. My skin has really responded well to this as a toner, so maybe it'll help someone out there too :)