Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

Been on the regimen for about 3 weeks, I am very red all over my face like sunburn, is this normal? Im using Dans wash and BP Gel, and cetaphil moisturizer (full amount of BP - fingers worth)

a bit of redness can be expected in the beginning but you should not look sunburned. Maybe you are moving too fast with the bp. Decrease the amount down to 1/4 finger worth and use plenty of moisturizer. See if that helps over the next week or so. If your skin color improves, very slowly and gradually work the bp up to 1/2 finger for the next week, and still use plenty of moisturizer. Take about a week to do any bp increases and watch your skin for signs that it isn't handling it well. Hopefully the low and slow approach will go better for you.

Good luck!

i started out using a whole finger with dan's bp and i was just flaky after washing it off.... i haven't been red at all.... so far i am on week 2 and seeing fewer pimple's pop up which is good, and so far they are small!! :P now i just have to worry about my scarring :(, but i also love the face wash that dan has, its awesome!!! i love the pump!!!

With BP, even just one afternoon without sunscreen makes me red and sunburnt a bit. So a moisturizer with at least SPF 15 is recommended as always.