Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris215

Tazorac questions

Today I got a prescription for Tazorac .05%

1. When will I start seeing results and what will I start to see within the first week - month? (Like will it make my skin red or itch?)

2. Do I only apply to my scarred area and how much to use?

3. Does tazorac improve scarred area?

Any other help tip or imformation is appreciated.

Thanks

Today I got a prescription for Tazorac .05%

1. When will I start seeing results and what will I start to see within the first week - month? (Like will it make my skin red or itch?)

2. Do I only apply to my scarred area and how much to use?

3. Does tazorac improve scarred area?

Any other help tip or imformation is appreciated.

Thanks

The first month my face broke out terribly. The first two weeks my face itched. I applied it all over my face. I am using the 1 gel. I applied more to the scarred area and it will improve it but it takes time. Start slow maybe every other night and after about a month your face will tolorate more. Eventually it will make your skin look better. You just have to make it through the first month.

so it will help reduce the scars after the first month? and is your skin cleared up?

Should I use this at night and CSG in the morning? or just tazorac at night.

My skin started to clear up after about a month. Maybe a bit longer. I have never really had a terrible acne prob but Taz seemed to suck every thing out of my pores and create alot of bumps. I think it was just cleaning my skin out. That is what it is suppose to do. My skin is pretty clear now. It has been almost two months since I have been using it. It does help with the scars. The first couple weeks the color and texture of the scars will get better. The Taz will help them blend in with your skin and look more natural. I think it will take close to a year to see top results, but they will continually look better. I am also using copper peptide serum on my scarred areas and that seems to be helping. I use alot of Tazorac. I pile it on every night. At first I peeled a little bit but now I do not peel at all. Overall I think it is a good product that will help with acne and scars. The first couple months is the hardest. I would not use it for a couple days and my face would be clear then I would use it and notice bumps the next day. I had microdermbrasion done so I did not use it for a couple days. After that I decided to put it only around my mouth and only around my mouth was broke out. I do think you should put a little extra on the scarred areas after your skin gets used to it. I hope that helps

Hi! I am 28. I broke out a bit when I was younger but lately I have been breaking out again. That is why I started to use Tazoraz again. Plus I had a few veins around my nose and got them lasered and it took out a small piece of skin on each side. So I have been using Taz and antibiotics to clear me up and help with the scars. Also I have been using the Copper peptide serum. It is hard to tell but I think everything is getting better. I am taking Nicomide and getting microderm every two weeks. I am also taking all the supplements that are recommended to help with the healing process. My face was close to perfect when I got the veins lased on the side of my nose, but after that I blistered and scabbed and could not wash properly in fear of popping a blister or knocking off a scab. That is when I started to break out again! Please if you have any suggestions let me know!