Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a daily face wash, a BP product & a moisteriser for use. I unfortunately CAN't order Dan's CS products so I need UK products that are easily available. I had a few options in mind, if anyone can give information about them I would be greatly appreciative:

1) Boots Act Daily Face Wash

2) Clearasil Biactol Sensitive Skin Wash

3) Neutrogena Gentle Exfoliating Wash

4) Boots Act Moisteriser

5) Duac Gel

Currently I am using Duac gel which seems to be working for me but I don't moisterize. So I REALLY REALLY need a recommended moisterizer. Should you exfoliate or not?

WHAT IS THE BEST CLEANSER AVAILABLE?

Would appreciate any response.

Thanks

boots act wash is great.

and biore pore perfect wash is great too ^

both "sticky or pinned" topics at the top of this forum :D

also in my sticky thread at top

eucerin dry skin face relief with 5% urea

the only one u want as its perfect

99% of UKers use it and LOVE it

I agree, eucerin dry skin face relief with 5% urea is brilliant, but the amount I need to use to moisturize my face, I can't afford it, instead I ordered cetaphil.

But, eucerin dry skin face relief with 5% urea, which you can get from boots is GREAT!

I agree, eucerin dry skin face relief with 5% urea is brilliant, but the amount I need to use to moisturize my face, I can't afford it, instead I ordered cetaphil.

But, eucerin dry skin face relief with 5% urea, which you can get from boots is GREAT!

Prodigy, are you in the UK? If so where did you order your Cetaphil from? I'm interested in trying the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free. It has lots of good reviews in the rate product section.

Prodigy, are you in the UK? If so where did you order your Cetaphil from? I'm interested in trying the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free. It has lots of good reviews in the rate product section.

unless u tried eucerin id simply get eucerin

cetaphil has varied resutls whereas eucerin as pretty much 100% results

I am in the UK, but I had to get my order for Cetaphil shipped from the US, bought through ebay.

Eucerin is better, but Cetaphil works fine for me and much cheaper.

u can buy the eucerin from boots tho for £10?

how is that more expensive than shipping moisturiser from the US hehe

Well my eucerin for £10 lasted a lot shorter than my Cetaphil from the US, which cost me £12 including shipping.

how long did your eucerin last?

mines lasted 3 months. Just bought a 2nd bottle/tube but theres still like 2days left in my 1st bottle :) as i say, u dont need laods of eucerin like 1 finger length for whole face.

1 small line that is :)

I went into Boots before I read the rest of the thread and bought the Nivea Visage Oil Free Moisturising Fluid with Witch Hazel & Allantoin 100ml for £3.48. I saw the Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Cream but I have oily skin so I was a bit aprehensive about getting a cream for dry skin.

It has very similar ingredients to Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Lotion and that broke me out pretty badly although it said it was noncomodeginic. I think it was the Myristyl Myristate which is supposed to be pretty comodegenic.

Anywhos, I haven't started using the Nivea yet, but if Milo 1990 is still looking he might want to take a look at it. Has anyone else tried this btw?

Milo 1990 - The only UK product that has 2.5% bp like Dan's product is Oxy-on-the-spot, which is cheaper than Dan's and you can get it in Boots, Superdrug, Savers.

Eucerin is the best, if not a bit sticky during the day. I use 'Simple' cleasner, which works good too.

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replying to my earlier post.

I am currently using DUAC gel, anyone else use it? any views? So far I havn't had one pimple since starting it. But I leave it in the fridge.

Milo 1990 - The only UK product that has 2.5% bp like Dan's product is Oxy-on-the-spot, which is cheaper than Dan's and you can get it in Boots, Superdrug, Savers.

Eucerin is the best, if not a bit sticky during the day. I use 'Simple' cleasner, which works good too.

thats not quite accurate

panoxyl is also 2.5% bp

Milo 1990, I've been using DUAC Gel for about a year now. I actually asked my Derm for it (after reading the good reviews) to replace the Differin Gel I was using which did nothing for my spots. I use it in combination with Retin-A and together they work wonders for me.

As long as the other products I'm using (e.g., face wash/moisturiser) don't disagree with my skin I get absolutely no breakouts. When the Retin-A dries me out and I stop using it the Differin still works by itself, but I use the Retin-A as it helps rid me of the brown marks I get.

The DUAC says it contains Hydrous Benzyl Peroxide 6.67% equivalent to Anhydrous Benzyl Peroxide 5% so whether this is stronger than Dan's BP Gel I'm not sure as I don't know what the hydrous part means. It may be stronger.

Maybe someone could let us know? :think: But I highly recommend DUAC.

Hi ppl,

Well so far I use Neutrogena Visibly Clear Gentle Exfoliating Wash once in the morning & once at night. After 15 mins I then apply DUAC gel. I don't need to moisterize because the DUAC gel seems to do that for me :P. Like my skin does get dry after using the Neutrogena Wash but it looks perfectly moisterized and clear after applying DUAC.

Is DUAC a wonder gel or what??? :P

Hi,

I checked the Boots website & clicked the Biore Oil Control Cleanser. The zoomed in pic shows that it's infact the Shine Control Cream Wash. I also went to my local boots and i could only see the Shine Control Cream Wash.

So what is this Biore Oil Control Cleanser that received such good opinions? Or is it just the Shine Control Cream Wash?

Hi,

I checked the Boots website & clicked the Biore Oil Control Cleanser. The zoomed in pic shows that it's infact the Shine Control Cream Wash. I also went to my local boots and i could only see the Shine Control Cream Wash.

So what is this Biore Oil Control Cleanser that received such good opinions? Or is it just the Shine Control Cream Wash?

its the same thing ^

:D