Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bulbagrrrl

Oily face, so what can I do between washes?

I just started the Regimen a few days ago, and in the afternoon between washes my face gets extremely oily. Sometimes I use a blotting sheet but they're not nearly enough. Is it OK to splash my face with water and then pat dry with a towel or would this be washing the BP off?

I think it's best to use a lot less moisturizer and more oil absorbing sheets.

i have the same problem but they said not to rinse your face with water because you're only washing the surface oils off and thus your face produces more oils so it gets oily quicker. I use soo much blotting sheets!

I really would not reccomend splashing with water as this would just rinse off some of the bp. Plus, when u then patted dry you would risk bleaching your towells as you could be transfering the bp to the towell. My biggest reccomendation would be to wait a week or so before you use less moisturizer. You just started the regimen so it hasnt had time to dry you out yet. I know when I took a break for a few weeks it took another week of regimen use before my skin became dry again. If your skin remains oily you COULD try lessening the moisturizer. However, in the meantime I have a nice little trick for you. Go find somewhere where they have toilet seat coveres (unused of course -- --) and take a few of those and cut them in decent size squares. That paper absorbes oil like CRAZY. Im not kidding, even if my nose doesnt look oily at all that paper will still be stained in oil if i dap my skin a few times. Its pretty crazy...it just works really great lol. And best part.....its free! haha.

Here's a good tip to save yourself from spending TONS of money on blotting sheets. Toilet seat covers are made of the same stuff that blotting sheets are, so steal a bunch of those next time you're in a public bathroom and just cut them up into small pieces. You'll never have to pay for all of the blotting sheets you need! That's a trick my mom taught me :D

Haha, if two people recommended it in a row, it must be RIGHT! Haha, I'm gonna do it next time I'm at a mall or somethin.

also, someone else mentioned cigarette rolling papers, and those little packets of papers that you use to roll hair for a perm.

So, if my skin is oily in the afternoon and I wash it bc I feel dirty, thats BAD???

I do this all the time. I may end up washing up to 4 times a day.

Once in the AM, once on the afteroon, once if I go for a bike ride, then again @ bedtime.

Sorry to hijack your post, but it sounds like I may be overwashing?

dont wash more than 2 times a day. initially when i started the regimen i tot it was impossible to wash 2 times a day , because my skin got really oily between washes and i sweat a lot from excercise.

the trick here is to use a paper towel to gently pat dry your sweat or use oil control films to remove excess oil. you';; soon get used to it..