Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flyingeagle

plastic surgon

I would like to know this as well (willing to travel ANYWHERE)..sorry, don't have any recommendations for you. I live in the Chicago area and ALL the surgeons here have $$$ signs in their eyes and NO skills...and this is coming from their first hand guinnia pig...me.

For UK patients (or EU and US willing to travel) i recommend Dr.Chu at Hammersmith Hospital London.

Hes well known as one of the best in this field.

For UK patients (or EU and US willing to travel) i recommend Dr.Chu at Hammersmith Hospital London.

is dr. chu an plastic surgon? I thought he was only a dermatologist

how can I contact him?

is dr. chu an plastic surgon? I thought he was only a dermatologist

eek "only"! lol..i thought having a dermatolagist working on your face is preferencial to a p.s. (?) But yes, you asked for a p.s and i gave you a derm. sorry. :P

I guess depends on what treatment you want. But Dr.Chu pretty much is the best in scar revision i feel (as do many others) and if you are after a particular treatment he does not provide then at least he can give you the lowdown on A: wither you should have it and B: who he recommends.

how can I contact him?

http://www.geocities.com/isolagen_acnescars/info.html <--list of details here.

If you call the number, just ask to speak with his private secretary.

Most often it goes to voice mail, so just leave your details including your email and she will get back to you.

She usually gets intouch within a couple of days.

Does anyone know if there is a doctor similar to Dr. Chu in the US?

please give me the name of a good plastic surgon who is good with scars, if you have know of any

STEVEN A. BURRES. Google his name.. Had work done with him..Good at filler for icepick/crater scars. Highly reccomend

never considered fillers. look like they work well for pff.

pff, how did tca cross work for the pores?

hi.

just a note : isolagen doesnt work in the same way as other general fillers. It uses your own cells but unlike collagen injections, the fiboblasts work over time generating collagen instead of breaking down. The results are supposed to be permanent.

As for tca on pores..

Dr chu did a test patch on my pores and 6 weeks later (i think) gave me my first tca cross treatment on some of my residual shallow rolling scars and a couple of box scars. That was around 6 weeks ago i think. The test patch on my pores doesnt seem to have done much, im afraid. I even think its possibly made one pore worse. I had three areas done and tbh i dont see much difference. On the shallow scars it seems to have leveled to the surrounding skin! Which is pretty exciting. I want dr.chu to do one last round of tca cross on me (as im moving to thailand and this is my last opportunity with him T_T). If i have the courage i will buy some tca cross and do one or two scars at a time after that on my own.