Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scorpiohapa

Anyone Try Coconut Oil?

I heard its like a miracle thing for acne and other skin conditions. Anyone have any experience with it? I also heard about this peanut milk that this guy in sf sells. Of course who knows if this stuff really works.

i actually went to my local henry's market looking for coconut oil specifically. it looked more like marshmallow puff to me. but its fat content was like super crazy high. and was expensive for my case. so i just decided to skip dat method. maybe the container was white...and i just assumed it was marshmallow puff. w/e

All oils are going to have a high fat content...hahahaha. That's what your buying, FAT.

Shit, if I was buying an oil and it had a low fat content, I'd be worried.

i dunno, i never knew myself how fatty it is, it just really suprised me. its high in good fat at least right? i actually saw coconut oil tablets or caplets w/e, anyone know if dats any good?

I understand that it is good for you internally (something to do with it being stable at high temperatures and therefore not becoming a trans fat I think). However, certain internet sites report it as highly comedogenic so I wouldn't apply it directly to your face in case that was what you were thinking.

yeah it's NOT comedogenic. Trust me, I have tried.

I remember having pimples and thinking... ok, well... this is either going to kill me or be ok.

And then I went for it, I put a reasonable on my skin and went to bed.

In the morning, the skin actually seemed to be a bit better and it certainly didn't get any worse. I didn't do it too many times because sleeping with oil on your face is ummm, not the most fun if you like turning around ;o

it smells great.

i guess it goes great when used to make pastries and other sweet stuff.

i cooked my stir fry meal the other day using coconut oil instead of olive oil..and the way it smelled made me

a little nauseated. I guess i'm not used to mixing sweet and salty stuff...that was a retarded thing to do

Consume good oils (coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, flax oil) in raw form with vegetables and fruits. Try not to fry your food at all.

Guest Stu :-)

ive had great sucess with it, cut a lot of my acne out. Something i can go back to regualary until my ance cuts down.

Coconut and lemon do the trick for me, its how long i can resist the sodding sugars

Consume good oils (coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, flax oil) in raw form with vegetables and fruits. Try not to fry your food at all.

Let's be realistic here. There's nothing wrong with low to mid heat stir frying and sauteeing when you're using a stabile oil like coconut or seseame - now, heavily fried foods are a different story, and deep fried foods should be considered out of the question completely. Certain oils like flax, obviously, should never be heated.

yeah it's NOT comedogenic. Trust me, I have tried.

I remember having pimples and thinking... ok, well... this is either going to kill me or be ok.

And then I went for it, I put a reasonable on my skin and went to bed.

In the morning, the skin actually seemed to be a bit better and it certainly didn't get any worse. I didn't do it too many times because sleeping with oil on your face is ummm, not the most fun if you like turning around ;o

The test for comedogenicity is not whether you personally break out from it. In addition to that, by your own admission, you did not apply it that often. See the attached site - like I said before, I don't know how the tests were carried out and whether the results are accurate, but why risk it. There are plenty of other natural oils that you can use that are less risky.

http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm

Guest Calibos

I heard its like a miracle thing for acne and other skin conditions. Anyone have any experience with it? I also heard about this peanut milk that this guy in sf sells. Of course who knows if this stuff really works.

I tried coconut oil for a while and had mild success, i used to take it with my tea, but then stopped drinking tea so just took it straight, i got mine from coconut connections i think, if it doesn't do much for your skin it has tonnes of other benefits, pm me if you have any questions dude :D