Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chikaza

Saw palmetto and increased urination

Hi all,

This is my first time posting. From reading the various posts regarding saw palmetto, I decided to try it for myself, especially since I did have great success with the combination of Aldactone (Spironolactone) and birth control pills in the past. I had to stop taking it b/c of the side effects--such as upset/sour stomach. I also have an overactive bladder and the Spiro, which is a diuretic, seemed to exacerbate it. Anyway, I've been taking saw palmetto drops for a few weeks and have noticed an improvement. But I am also still using topical ointments such as Differin and Clindaymyacin because I'm still getting whiteheads and small pimples, especially the forehead area and I don't want to give it up yet and rely solely on the saw palmetto drops until I reach a point where my skin is very clear. My main reason for posting is b/c most recently, I feel that it is causing me to urinate more frequently than usual. It's not so bad during the day. But during the night I wake up about 3 times and it's very disruptful to my sleep. I've been so tired lately.

Has anyone else experienced this side effect while taking saw palmetto? I'm doing a test today by not taking any to determine if it is indeed the culprit. Perhaps, I can get away with lowering the dosage and still get good results with respect to the acne. I've been following June8124's dosage guideline/recommendation of filling the dropper 3 times (about 1/4 of the way up the stick) and taking it morning and evening. Any other suggestions or thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks!