Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joeaverage

weird bumps on my nose

dont mind this fool, look at his post again, he is taking the piss and trying to be funny, its not a serious post

BTW its his first post

Dan acne is a new type of acne emerging on teens and young adults. It first appeared when Dan started selling his homemade B.P. gel out of his mother's basement. The research is limited due to its recent discovery but many scientist are realizing the importance of studying it.

Over 90% of the people who develop Dan acne claim to have never suffered from the symptoms before. And interestingly, some claim that Dan's B.P. gel actually cleared their skin before it became suffused with Dan acne. Others, who before using the gel had only a mild, isolated case of normal acne, developed Dan acne that appears all over their face and continued to spread onto their neck and down their body. :

------------------

These are only some of the hundreds (and quickly growing to thousands) of first reactions to Dan acne. Sadly, no cures for the acne have been discovered and sufferers are forced to seek help not knowing what ther're suffering from.

well from what I can remember, I had a bit of this on my nose before starting the regimen so if my memory is correct, then it's not from Dan's BP.

So neosporin is the fix? How much do I apply and should I just not use any BP over my nose? There's like 2 million types of neosporin, which type should I buy? Thanks. If this actually cures those nasty bumps, I will be so happy.

Guest Michael Jackson

Time looks liek the best cure, mine is almost completly gone :) don't fuss with it to much.

Time looks liek the best cure, mine is almost completly gone :) don't fuss with it to much.

Well it's been like 5 months, and it ain't getting any better, so I'm not satisfied with the "time cure"

When they start censoring posts they'll also start spreading lies and exaggerating. Bewarned.

Dan acne is a real thing -- caused by Dan's B.P. gel. If you disagreed with me, Mod or Dan, you should have just posted your thoughts. Let the forum members deciede if what I said were true or not. It is a real problem and major side effect of the B.P. And mountains of evidence support this. Or does the truth hurt too much?

I understand Dan's gel helps many, but it doesn't make up for the other permanent skin damage it is causing for others. I know it first hand.

Guest Michael Jackson

Well it's been like 5 months, and it ain't getting any better, so I'm not satisfied with the "time cure"

Then I think you should go to the derm then and have them look at it.

When they start censoring posts they'll also start spreading lies and exaggerating. Bewarned.

Dan acne is a real thing -- caused by Dan's B.P. gel. If you disagreed with me, Mod or Dan, you should have just posted your thoughts. Let the forum members deciede if what I said were true or not. It is a real problem and major side effect of the B.P. And mountains of evidence support this. Or does the truth hurt too much?

I understand Dan's gel helps many, but it doesn't make up for the other permanent skin damage it is causing for others. I know it first hand.

What type of money are you making working at Proactiv?

Guest Michael Jackson

sebaceous gland hyperplasia. classic case.

quoted for truth

now I may think this ain't the case

i had bumps too on my nose but on the sides...which i though were whiteheads but my derm said they werent...as they were there for like 6 months or so...he used a tiny needle to drain the stuff out..DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!! and for the others he told me to gently rub them with a loofah while washing my face...and it has been like 10 days and they are either comming to a head or disappearing...

I don't have one on my nose, but on my jaw line. It's just one, and it's been there for MONTHS. Yes, MONTHS. It just appeared, and never went away. It's shrunken down a lot from what it used to be, so I'm hoping it will go away. I've tried putting a glob of BP on it, it shrank, but never really went away.

I'm not on Dan's regime, I actually use salicylic acid products instead of BP. And, the bumps I get that are similiar, but eventually go away, are all on my jawline.

So don't think Dan is to blame on this. It is really just swollen oil glands I believe. I've even read an acne article that had a bit about "the pimple that never goes away". (It was in ELLE I believe..)

The writer got rid of hers with some sort of laser, I don't recall, but I'm sure if you ask your dermetologist, they will have an answer.

Guest Michael Jackson

scrub with loofa

it is working even though scrubbing is a cardinal sin, but the nose is different from the rest of the face

Guest Michael Jackson

it has gone down since then. I believe it is a swollen oil gland

ice ice baby