Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Diet's effect on our bodies

Diet and acne  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that what you feed your body effects how it functions?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I'll probably make a few of these polls, i want to get an idea of a few things. Just keeping them simple.

It's not like believing in god or the bogeyman. It's scientifically proven fact. Our health starts with our diet. There should be no debate about that. There are people out there with terrible diets, heart disease is also the number one killer in the country. Obsesity is on the rise, diabetes, hypertension, a score of inflammation related ailments...etc. all of these things are related to diet, we are what we eat. plain and simple.

But a lot of people with acne get all high and mighty about it. "I tried every diet in the book, nothing works! wah!" completely missing the point entirely.

It's not about 'dieting' it's all about lifestyle and adopting a nutritional intake that provides you with everything you need, including variety and ease.

Also, Nutrition does not provide quick fixes to anything, and arguably it won't really 'fix' anything. However, having an excellent diet is the first step towards preventing a host of ailments from befalling you. Where diets will heal, it takes a long time and it takes consistency. That's the other thing that people fall off, get frustrated and give up trying.

Anyone that believes health is not tied into nutrition is deluding themselves.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I'm not looking to be swayed in any way, this thread has nothing to do with my views. I'm simply asking some questions in order to put a number on certain topics of conversation.

I'm not saying that i don't want comments to be made, just that i'm not making any assertions as to what my personal beliefs are. I hope that will be respected.

Ridiculous. You shouldn't care what people believe, you should care about the facts.

Grow to Overthrow, I don't think you'll find anyone that says "what you eat has NO effect whatsoever on any of your biological functions." Perhaps a better-worded question would yield more acne-related results/controversy/debate/information.

Ridiculous. You shouldn't care what people believe, you should care about the facts.

Grow to Overthrow, I don't think you'll find anyone that says "what you eat has NO effect whatsoever on any of your biological functions." Perhaps a better-worded question would yield more acne-related results/controversy/debate/information.

I agree. I offer this as objective criticism. You are right to keep the question simple but the question seems formulated (maybe unintentionally) to produce a certain result. I would be surprised if there is anyone out there who doesn't think that diet has an effect on how the body functions.