Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have some pretty ugly red marks left over from a breakout I had a couple weeks ago. They fade on their own, just not fast enough for my liking. I just bought some cocoa butter with vitamin E for blemishes. I used a little last night and it didn't irritate my skin at all and smelled nice too. TINY improvement when I woke up. I'll let you guys know how effective it is over time.

-Sarah

I have some pretty ugly red marks left over from a breakout I had a couple weeks ago. They fade on their own, just not fast enough for my liking. I just bought some cocoa butter with vitamin E for blemishes. I used a little last night and it didn't irritate my skin at all and smelled nice too. TINY improvement when I woke up. I'll let you guys know how effective it is over time.

-Sarah

Okay guys, the cocoa butter DOES work, slowly but surely, and it hasn't irritated my face further. It's worth giving a try.

Guest nec77

is it a bar soap or a liquid? can you tell us more about the product? :cool:

It's actually a "stick". It looks like a chapstick tube only bigger, and it goes on like chapstick, you just apply it to trouble areas like you would apply chapstick to your face. It's a liiiiittle greasy, but it does a great job of moisurizing trouble areas while healing red spots. I got mine at CVS pharmacy for 2 dollars. It's called "Palmers Swivel stick for marks, blemishes and dry skin" :) It hasn't caused any active pimples, but I don't think it will heal them either, it's specifically for red marks.

Guest nec77

yeah i dont think i should either lol

yeah i dont think i should either lol

If you decide to use it, let me know how it goes :) It's really worked wonders for me, and moisurizes with is always good if you are on the CSR.

I love you avatar by the way. Chuck is the man.

-Sarah

Guest nec77

thanks, i'm a member of the chuck norris cult. keep us updated on your progress!

I got a sunburn the other day. My friend recommended Cocoa butter. I was otherwise using 100% aloe to treat it. I got the cocoa butter, the burn was almost entirely healed in 2 days, additionally my skin looked a lot better all around. I have read that it has an effect on smoothing out scars and wrinkles, so I'd imagine it'd be good for indentations and the likes. Maybe not redmarks though.

How long did it take for you to see results while using the cocoa butter? Did it make you break out at all yet?

I couldn't find the stick you were talking about so I bought this:

http://www.cococare.com/catalog/products.c...mp;categoryid=2

It's pure cocoa butter with nothing added that could clog pores.

Do you sleep with the cocoa butter on all night?

Yes, I sleep with it on. It took about 4 or 5 days to actually see signifigant change. I did an experiement: one side of my face was spot treated with the cocoa butter and the other side was spotted with 2.5 salicylic acid. Both worked, but the CB worked faster and didn't dry out my skin. I still have a little redness, but they've gone down a lot which makes it easier to where make up (at least for me it does). It shouldn't make you break out. It's not a harsh chemical, and it's not so much a "rich cream" either. But everyone is different, even though it should NOT break out skin, I'm not gonna say it won't. In my case, it didn't make me break out at all, it helped the marks.

well, i suppose it makes sense. i use cocoa butter/vitamin e to try to fade stretchmarks.. so i would imagine it would work much the same with redmarks.

good luck with it :)

Were the red marks old or new? I really want to get rid of mine but they're really old and have been there a long time...

Mine are fairly new. I had abad breakout a few weeks ago and ended up picking the hell out of my skin. I'm clear now, just dealing with the red marks.

i use another palmer's cocoa butter product. they have one especiall for scars.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...GFI-0-RVP-10784

Excellent. :) Though, I don't have scars so I stick with the swivel stick. ...stick with the stick, weee.

-Sarah

:D I'm using this for red marks as well. It's helping ALOT. Well I'm glad the stick works. This stuff is STICKY and the smell isn't exactly great either. :P

i use another palmer's cocoa butter product. they have one especiall for scars.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...GFI-0-RVP-10784

Excellent. :) Though, I don't have scars so I stick with the swivel stick. ...stick with the stick, weee.

-Sarah

:D I'm using this for red marks as well. It's helping ALOT. Well I'm glad the stick works. This stuff is STICKY and the smell isn't exactly great either. :P

:D Glad it's helping you, too!

Just a little update on my experiment. It's been about a week or so since using the cocoa butter, and the red marks near my chin are almost gone. On the other parts of my face where I used salicylic acid, they are fading as well but definately not as fast.

-Sarah

Guest nec77

i wonder if this would work on old marks

i wonder if this would work on old marks

I'm not sure. My marks are fairly new from the result of a bad breakout a few weeks ago. Couldn't hurt to try them on the old marks, though.

Guest nec77

im gonna see if it helps with my red marks. im just applying on a small area of my face. if it helps i'll post.